At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
This position is part of the MindSphere Presales team, which is responsible for providing technical sales support to the MindSphere sales teams. It serves as the primary point of technical contact with active MindSphere customers, support these customers' initial on-boarding, contribute to their overall happiness with the MindSphere platform and help to ensure continued usage and growth in these accounts.
As customers implement on the platform, you will directly support customers in addressing any issues that arise, build strong relationships with their technical teams, and work closely the account team to ensure growth of customer usage.
- Elucidate and document customer challenges (both technical and business) and goals.
- Scope, plan and execute demos and proofs-of-concept as required to ensure prospects clearly understand the value which can be generated by the MindSphere platform in their organization.
- Build relationships as a trusted advisor to technical stakeholders including developers, DevOps, IT staff, support, services, etc.
- Understand and sell solutions to address high level business problems, which incorporate our technology. In many cases, this will involve engaging with large, multi-divisional businesses.
- Partner with the account team to craft compelling business cases which highlight the value of the Siemens solution.
- Develop quick Proof of Concepts (POC) to prove or disprove the solution approach
- Help productize the POC applications for scale once proven successful
- Understand the competition and use knowledge to effectively position Siemens MindSphere to win.
- Operate under minimal supervision with wide latitude for independent decision-making.
- Five or more years of work-experience in a customer-facing (internal or external customers equally considered) role
- Up to 50% travel once travel restrictions lifted
- Could be located from a remote home office in the continental USA
- Must currently be located in the continental USA
- 4+ years of hands-on technical problem-solving experience
- Thorough knowledge on Cloud Platforms such as AWS or Azure
- At least 4+ years of hands on experience in Core Application Development Languages (e.g. Java, C/C++, .Net)
- At least 4+ years of Data Management (e.g. SQL Server/Oracle, NoSQL, ETL platforms) Experience
- Other Development technologies, languages and frameworks is a plus (e.g. Python, Node.js, AngularJS, RESTful Services)
- Business Analytics, Analytics / Machine Learning tools such as R, SAS, Tableau, or Spotfire is a plus
- Experience writing/working with Industrial Protocols is a plus (e.g. Modbus, Profibus, OPC etc.)
- Experience in a manufacturing environment a plus.
- Experience developing functional/technical solutions through connecting plant equipment to business processes/requirements
- Demonstrated success with customer facing experience; good communication ability, adaptable to needs of stakeholders.
NOTE: Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the USA. Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the USA.
Where permitted by law, Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements, and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reason.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.