Responsible for leading the plant procurement team, by providing day-to-day leadership and management support to the team and meeting the material availability, cost, inventory, quality, and supplier management targets. The individual will be responsible to develop the team to support the on-going needs for the business. The role will provide results driven leadership for all procurement activities to ensure that all key inventory, supplier performance and material availability targets are achieved.
- Lead and mentor procurement team to ensure that all plant needs in regard to material availability and inventory requirements are balanced and in the correct alignment
- Partner with commodity management to develop, implement and maintain supply chain strategies that align plant needs with commodity strategies
- Establish and maintain measurable performance metrics for the procurement activities at the plant
- Manage systems and processes to support inventory forecasting, material and capacity planning, scheduling, cost control and make vs. buy decisions
- Identify, develop and manager relationships with existing and potential suppliers to meet cost, quality, and delivery targets
- Development of individualized part by part material stocking and replenishment plans
- Collaborate with Engineering, Manufacturing and Quality to achieve cost reduction targets
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- BS degree in business, management or other related fields
- 5+ years’ experience in management of materials and procurement
- Working knowledge of MRP systems
- Excel, Word, Power Point and SAP proficiency required
- Use tools, processes and metrics to optimize supplier value for our business
- Leads by example and motivates people so as to create a challenging, empowering and collaborative working environment
- Strong analytical problem solving ability with excellent communication skills
- Ability to coordinate between multiple groups in a cross functional environment to achieve objectives
At Siemens, we are committed to an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles and seek to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience.
Can you see yourself, learning, growing, and succeeding here? If so we'd like to meet you!
We offer flexible vacation time, a matching 401K plan, profit sharing, full health, life, vision and dental benefits.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.