Siemens EDA D2S Bangalore group, a part of Semiconductor Manufacturing Division of Siemens EDA, is looking for a committed
Lead Technical Marketing Engineer (TME) to support, define and improve software solutions in the semiconductor manufacturing
domain of Mask Data Preparation (MDP). The technical marketing engineer (TME) for Calibre Semiconductor Manufacturing
Products leads the process of compiling requirement specifications for data preparation software and production tape-out flows
for the semiconductor manufacturing – covering the applications from layer extraction and Boolean operations, through
resolution enhancements and optical proximity correction (OPC), verification and mask process correction and data preparation
and interacts with engineering during implementation and testing for new functionality. The TME works closely with the software
development team, the product team as well as a team of technical marketing engineers in related product lines.
The primary roles and responsibilities include:
• Support key customer engagements such as benchmarks, feature evaluation, tool/flow deployment etc.
• Develop and deliver training materials to customers and field.
• Develop Marketing Requirement Documents (MRDs), from customer requirements and industry trends, that describe
product features with sufficient detail that Software Development engineers can develop new features accurately
• Work closely with R&D, QA, and field to bring features to production, including testing and characterizing new features,
filing defect reports and enhancement requests, developing materials to track and communicate development.
• Promote MDP products by creating marketing materials that characterize new features, write application notes, and
conference papers to communicate new feature flows to customers, field, and industry.
• Travel to customer sites when required to provide technical support and to receive customer feedback. Participate in and
sometimes lead telecom meetings with customers and/or with internal Siemens’ personnel.
• Develop an understanding of the markets Siemens EDA products serve by doing literature research and by attending
• Develop test cases and test methodology to test existing and new product functionality and to troubleshoot problems or
failures identified with internal testing or by customers.
Job Requirements :
The role requires a self-motivated individual with a keen curiosity for learning and passion for semiconductor domain and related
flows. Below are the necessary and desired skills:
Technical Skills (Must have):
- Proficiency with Linux shell environment and one or more high level scripting languages such as TCL, Perl or Python
- Familiarity with VLSI design and tape-out flows
- Excellent know-how of basic statistical analysis and data handling/management.
- Strong analytical problem solving and debugging skills.
- Demonstrated ability or willingness to work in a matrixed and cross-functional environment
Technical Skills (Desirable):
- Experience with Calibre DRC/MDP/MPC/OPC tools (or similar tools from other EDA companies).
- Domain knowledge in one or more of the following: optics, photolithography, electron beam lithography, electronic
design automation, TCAD, integrated circuit design, physical verification.
- Experience working in Linux distributed computing environments and Cloud
- Strong interest in IC Design, Verification and the technologies required to enhance the resolution and performance of
lithography and manufacturing process of masks and wafers through data manipulations
- Experience with layout processing tools used for geometry processing and related scripting/programming environments
- Experience with customer engagement and project leadership
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Mentor Graphics (India) Private Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time