Job title: Software Engineer (DevOps Engineer)
Siemens founded the new business unit Siemens Advanta (formerly known as Siemens IoT Services) on April 1, 2019 with its headquarter in Munich, Germany. It has been crafted to unlock the digital future of its clients by offering end-to-end support on their outstanding digitalization journey. Siemens Advanta is a strategic advisor and a trusted implementation partner in digital transformation and industrial IoT with a global network of more than 8000 employees in 10 countries and 21 offices. Highly skilled and experienced specialists offer services which range from consulting to craft & prototyping to solution & implementation and operation – everything out of one hand!
Before our software developers write even a single line of code, they have to understand what drives our customers. What is the environment? What is the user story based on? Implementation means – trying, testing, and improving outcomes until a final solution emerges. Knowledge means exchange – discussions with colleagues from all over the world. Join our Digitalization Technology and Services (DTS) team based in Bangalore and enjoy the freedom to think in completely new categories!
This is your role. What part will you play?
- Experience developing and deploying from within, like to relentlessly automate everything and anything at scale.
- Spend time trying to resolve how something works, not stopping with just knowing what it does.
- Build real web applications and back-end systems faster, more reliable, more efficient.
- Build systems that collect, instrument, analyze data and provide insights about the system.
- Working with Systems Administrators to integrate with existing deployments and infrastructure
- You must have BE / B.Tech / MCA / ME / M.Tech qualification with 5 years of confirmed ability?
- Strong hands-on track record in coordinating, maintaining and developing application hosting environments AWS and/or Azure
- DevOps processes and system services (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, Git, CI/CD)
- Hardware maintenance, including servers, storage and networking
- Internet traffic management, including duplications, load balancing, threat mitigation and failover procedures
- High cyber security requirements and implementation
- Server software and configuration management (Linux, containers)
- System software set-up and monitoring for servers based on open-source de-facto standards
- Building and taking care of high availability and high scalability systems
- Working with scripting and automation technologies (e.g. Ansible, Puppet)
- Knowledge about pricing optimization for the cloud infra
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
This role is in Bangalore, where you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the craft of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us craft tomorrow.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
At Siemens, we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow ‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalmindshttps://www.siemens-advanta.com/careers
Company: Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time