Looking for challenging role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
Can we energize society and fight climate change at the same time?At Siemens Energy, we can. Our technology is key, but our people make the difference. Brilliant minds innovate. They connect, create, and keep us on track towards changing the world’s energy systems. Their spirit fuels our mission. Our culture is defined by caring, agile, respectful, and accountable individuals. We value excellence of any kind. Sounds like you?
We make real what matters. This is your role
- The engineer will be working in Engineering Department of Siemens Transformer Factory, Kalwa, Thane, Maharashtra, India.
- Shall be designing windings and winding assembly for medium and large power transformers and reactors.
- Understand the electrical design output and prepare winding and winding assembly manufacturing drawings and Bills of Material for ordering of components
- Support the winding & winding assembly manufacturing processes, quality inspections, failure analysis, concessions on tolerances, advising alternatives and responding queries from suppliers
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
- Diploma / B.E. or B. Tech in Electrical Engineering
- 8-14 years working experience as an electrical or winding design engineer
- Knowledge of designing helical, layer, multi-start, disc winding with inter shielding and interleaving etc. for Low voltage, High voltage and regulating systems of medium and large power transformers and reactors. Knowledge of different types of winding copper conductors like PICC, BPICC and CTC.
- Experience of designing winding & winding assembly and knowledge of insulation parts like spacers, strips, OGW, moulded components like angle rings, caps, snouts etc.
- Knowledge on special processes related to winding and WAB like conductor bending, joint formation, enamel removal, moisture removal in ovens, winding assembly pressing/sizing, height adjustments, gluing, shield ring design etc.
- Proficient in 2D CAD tools like AutoCAD.
- Proficient in 3D CAD tools like Creo.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Basic knowledge of dielectrics, axial & radial short circuit forces and oil flow mechanism within the winding & winding assembly.
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English is necessary.
- Self-motivated to produce high quality results within the time allocated, with limited supervision
- Experience with SAP
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
This role is based in Kalwa, Thane, Maharashtra, India where you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination and help us shape tomorrow.
Organization: Siemens Energy
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time