Siemens Government Technologies (SGT) is a US Federal
Government focused Energy Service Company (ESCO) specializing in the delivery
of Energy Savings Performance Contracts (ESPCs), standalone solicitations for
Purchase Power Agreements (PPAs) and US Army renewable energy MATOCs.
As a Senior Project Estimator, you will focus on supporting alternatively financed large energy and renewable energy projects, including potentially solar, biomass, wind, geothermal and combined cycle power generation. You will also focus on energy efficiency and infrastructure projects in areas such as lighting systems, building controls, heating and cooling plants, HVAC upgrades, and building envelope improvements that can extract customer savings. The Senior Project Estimator will be responsible for developing project estimates, identify and qualify a bench of suppliers and sub contractors for each type of technical specially, work with SGT supply chain team members to gather technical guidelines, assembling RFPs and Performance Work Statements, and evaluate subcontractors pricing. The Senior Project Estimator will also provide sales and technical assistance for construction implementation and operational assistance where needed, on a project-by-project basis.
- Develop and assemble system technical guidelines on a project-by-project basis
- Build rough order of magnitude pricing for projects in concept stage
- Development of detailed project estimates during detail stage and work with SGT Supply Chain in qualifying 3rd party contractor pricing estimates
- Provide technical estimating and technical sourcing assistance to all Siemens Divisions for construction implementation and on-going operations as needed
- Have experience in dealing with a large and diverse number of simultaneous challenges, requiring knowledge of many different Mechanical, Electrical, and General Contracting disciplines
- Review and evaluate subcontractors for support of vendor best value selections
- Reviews and interprets contract Terms and Conditions
- Ensures project document controls are in compliance with contract requirements per Siemens Government Technologies standards.
- Support the development of project RFPs and Performance Work Statements (PWS)
- Review and if necessary, provide argument to subcontract pricing for more competitive SGT proposals
- Assist Supply Chain Management in increasing the quantity and value of the SGT subcontractor vendor portfolio for each technical specialty
- Experience with facilitating project management field support, project development, and engineering support. Primarily focusing on mechanical, electrical, building automation/DDC systems or networks is required
- Experience supporting long term government projects specifically ESPC and UMCS projects from development, construction, to long term service and O&M
- Familiar with FARs and DFARs Federal contract requirements
- High level of experience working with construction estimating software tool such as RSMeans
- Ability to provide guidance on constructability and lessons learned. Particularly when reviewing risk in scopes, schedule, and pricing of a project
- Knowledge of Procedures and Resident Mgmt. System (RMS)
- Knowledge of RFI and VECP (Value Engineering Change Proposals)
- Strong communication skills, ability to communicate technical material to a non-technical audience
- Strong personal computer working capabilities in MS Office (excel, word, project, power point), Adobe, Visio, and basic Windows environment
- Ability to travel:30% Travel requirement will vary on project requirements to Continental US locations and/or international sites
- Strong Risk recognition and Risk mitigation skills
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification is preferred
- OSHA 30 Hour hazard recognition training completed
- First/Aid CPR Certification
- Candidate must be a United States Citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. Government Security Clearance
Organization: Country Functions & Departments
Company: Siemens Government Technologies, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.