Junior Network Engineer (m/f/d)
Siemens Smart Infrastructure connects buildings and cities to make them smarter and more energy efficient! We help our customers to thrive, communities to progress and support balanced development to protect our planet for the next generation. Working with our global customers and partners, we help to build intelligent solutions and magnificent places in the full range of buildings where we live, work and relax.
Siemens SI has its global headquarters in Switzerland. Region Europe, with around 7’400 colleagues, is responsible for the solution and service business and is market leader in Europe.
Together, we build technologies that take society further. Change the future with us!
What role will you play?
Electromobility is one of the growth markets with significant influence on the mobility but also the energy market. As a major player in the energy market, Siemens intends to take a leading position in this growth market. Within our team you have the opportunity to work in a start-up-like environment and to take ownership in flat hierarchies. On the other hand, you benefit from the support of a large corporation when it comes to actually implementing your own ideas.
In your role as Backend Troubleshooting Expert, you are responsible to support global acting field service colleagues by analyzing and solving network issues.
- You will carry out operational and fault diagnosis regarding network issues;
- Preparation of test environment and components for tests to simulate issues on the field;
- Preparation of test tools for manual and automatic tests;
- Co-operation with local and remote engineering teams from several R&D departments;
- Provide support to international teams;
- Provide trainings on how to troubleshoot;
We are looking for:
- BS degree in Computer Science, Telecommunication Engineering or Electrical Engineering;
- Proven working experience in networks;
- Proficient in English spoken and writing;
- OCPP 1.6/2.0 experience would be a great advantage;
- Experience troubleshooting IPV4/IPV6 networks, DHCP, DNS;
- Programming skills (nice to have);
- Linux previous experience;
- Knowledge about IP protocols, HTTP, WebSocket, Modbus;
- Knowledge about network troubleshooting tools;
- Capable of analyzing and troubleshoot electrical circuits as an advantage;
- Strong documentation and writing skills;
- Up to 20% travel time required;
- Driver license;
What we have to offer:
A flexible home office and schedule policy, virtual budget to improve your home office setup, health insurance, a Pension Plan and a Siemens Share Program time and financial support to your studies, medical center in the facilities, sport groups, 2 days for volunteering initiatives and a cool and relaxed environment.
Access to e-learning platforms (Learnlight, Linkedin Learning and more), discounts with partners.
We recognize that building a diverse workforce is crucial to the success of our business. Therefore, Siemens provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual preference, or non-disqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability.
We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss workplace adjustments with all our applicants to develop agile working and innovation.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens S.A.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time