- Enable a strong, cohesive and nimble team of engineers with the context, vision, skills and tools they need to succeed
- Present technical concepts & solutions to internal and external audiences and upper management, persuade and influence others through communication skills.
- Be responsible for the coordination of the development of the team-high-level roadmap, striking a balance between feature-forward work, maintaining a reliable platform and paying off technical debt.
- Proactively and continuously drive platform wide quality improvements enabling development groups to move faster; by analyzing key SLO/SLI metrics as well as enabling and embracing a postmortem culture
- Develop and implement solutions for non-functional software applications requirements within the engineering platform with an emphasis on leveragability across development teams.
- Understanding and adherence to operational processes ensuring compliance with industry standards (ISO/SOC2) and internal risk management policies.
- 3-4 years prior experience in a technical manager role
- Experience fostering and developing early-career engineers along with seasoned professionals
- Deep first-hand experience with containers, Kubernetes, and the cloud-native (CNCF) ecosystem, and operating applications at scale within those environments.
- Experience working with and operating in AWS, but also a general understanding of other major cloud vendor ecosystems (GCP, Azure, Alibaba)
- Expert knowledge of Continuous Delivery practices (ArgoCD preferred)
- Experienced in the development of an engineering platform (Iaas/PaaS).
- Desirable to have experience working with applications that have undertaken a microservices transformation.
- Working knowledge of security best practices and common compliance certifications (IE: SOC2, ISO 27001)
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Where permitted by applicable law, Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements, and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.