Change the future with us.
We are looking for dedicated and talented people who tackle ever-changing challenges, customer needs, and questions from colleagues with clever concepts and creativity. We embrace change and work with curious minds re-inventing the future of work. Join us and let us focus together on what’s truly important: making lives better with new ideas and the latest technology around the world.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2018, Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2022 and Greater Toronto's Top Employers 2022.
What will you do?
As a Commercial Project Manager, you will be responsible to support all commercial & financial activities for projects in execution that you are assigned to. Business partner to assigned Operations Managers and Project Managers.
- Frontline commercial project management, interact with customers, subcontractors, consultants and advisors for the project
- Perform financial planning, forecasting, controlling and reconciliation of project cost, profit and cash flow
- Ensure the accuracy of project books and records, including recording of such in the appropriate systems (e.g. SAP), and ensures compliance with IFRS and US GAAP requirements. Ensure all related Project Reporting and Controlling activities and routine deviation analysis.
- SAP updates including cost plan changes, contractual milestone billings, analysis of actual results, and other assigned SAP tasks as requested
- Monitor and communicate trends from project inception to completion, assess implications and develop practical project-related strategies to mitigate negative impact. Periodically estimate the total cost to complete the project.
- Ensure monthly, quarterly, and annual analysis to determine key drivers impacting the project's performance.
- Evaluate and assess risk and opportunities, strategies and response activities – taking over the full responsibility in this regard to all commercial risks and opportunities.
- Implement and drive measures to use opportunities to improve project performance (claims management and variation management).
- Calculates prices for quotations of change orders and claims
- Support customer/vendor claim management, including the creation of supporting documentation (i.e.. Contractual review), cost impact estimations and negotiations.
- Work with cross-functional teams (Project Managers, Contracts, Operations, Logistics, Procurement, Engineering, etc.) to guide them toward the project’s financial goals and ensure better efficiency/productivity.
- Support Project Manager and Procurement to select and involve partners/subcontractors, implement back-to-back agreements with suppliers and subcontractors where applicable.
- Logistics coordination regarding transportation, customs duty, taxes, fees, licenses, warehousing, etc.
- Tracks and analyzes Non-Conformance Costs and takes appropriate measures to reduce and avoid them
- Drive and perform monthly project reviews (PPR) jointly with the Project Managers
- Arranges currency hedges and insurance coverage, if required
- Develops and updates operational procedures as per SOA requirements and Key Controls
- Establish and maintain financial processes in accordance with Risk and Internal Control, such as process for commercial project management. Ensure adherence to corporate governance policies, procedures, accounting standards, compliance requirements, quality milestones, and internal controls
- Prepare and present project commercial data for financial audit purposes Actively communicates with customer’s commercial representatives and manages solving of commercial issues. Drive digitalization in Finance, including the introduction of new tools and models to automate financial reporting and other day-to-day activities.
- Liaise with the head office. Support project Invoicing, insurances, bonds and guarantees, and lead the admin side of the given project.
What will you need to succeed?
- Degree in Finance, Commerce, Accounting, or Business Administration.
- Professional Accounting Designation (CPA) or working towards CPA
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a project accounting function.
- 2-3 years’ experience in planning/cost control or project control on heavy industrial and mining, and/or EPCM projects
- Experience in financial analysis, forecasting and budgeting
- Knowledge and high proficiency of SAP and Excel.
- Experience with automation tools (PowerBI, Tableau) an asset
- Ability to manage relationships at all levels
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills; Ability to effectively present information to public groups and C-level management
- Able to integrate and work within a multinational group environment
- Self-starter/self-motivated position, requiring some domestic and international travel
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Canada Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.