Siemens Smart Infrastructure Grid Software enables grid operators as well as industry and infrastructure companies to accelerate and secure the energy transition in a sustainable and profitable way. We connect the physical and the digital world with an integrated OT and IT landscape along the entire value chain from planning through operations to maintenance – following its design principles of modularity, openness, user-centricity, interoperability and resilience.
The net zero challenge is driving a fundamental change in energy generation and consumption, with a seven-fold increase in DER installations projected by 2030. This groundbreaking transformation of the energy sector, characterized by a bi-directional power flow from intermittent renewable energy resources and new consumption patterns, results in enormous complexity.
Our bigger purpose? We believe that software is the key to turn these challenges into opportunities.Are you passionate about creating new possibilities?
In our newly formed fast-growing business, we are looking for people with the skills and vision to build an energy-efficient and decarbonized future to support a more sustainable environment. Join our team, get inspired, and help us re-imagine the world!It's your role, here's the part you can play:
We are looking for a multi-talented passionate customer-first innovator who wants to work across the complete lifecycle from problem discovery, ideation, user research to productization. We love to continuously learn with an entrepreneurial spirit to make complex things simple and delight users with useful time-saving creativity. The Product Innovation Manager is a key driver for user-facing innovations across all products within the product portfolio. The position reports to the Head of User Experience (UX) and Strategic Innovations within the Smart Infrastructure Software division. This is a strategic role that both defines the right things to build, and helps guides how to build it right.
- Define, execute, and deliver projects on-time across multiple workstreams with metrics to manage objectives
- Manage and lead co-innovation and Design Thinking workshops that brings together customers, expert services, and other stakeholders
- Establish networking relationships with customer, industry thought leaders, academia, and other stakeholders to facilitate better functional market intelligence and product/feature validation.
- Lead discovery and ideation with cross-functional teams to develop business requirements, use cases, and customer journeys
- Create process flows, wireframes, visual mockups, and other artifacts to effectively conceptualize, communicate, explore, and validate design ideas
- Work with technologists to rapidly build and iteratively refine realistic, interactive, and data-rich prototypes
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative user research
- Write clear and concise requirements, high-level designs and UI specifications with sufficient details to ensure high quality outcomes
- Make the UX practice better by mentoring/guiding product managers, designers and developers; helping continually improve the design process; evangelizing and evolving the design system to meet new needs.
Be part of our team, here's what's needed:
- A portfolio or work samples demonstrating enterprise work across the innovation lifecycle (e.g. discovery findings, wireframes, user journeys, personas, customer presentations, pitches, concept visuals, or anything else that demonstrates effective innovation communication) is required
- 6+ years of industry experience as a functional product manager, UX designer, system integrator, custom services, or similar role working end-to-end from discovery to productization, customer go-live, and optimization
- 2+ years building networking with customers, industry leaders, executives, or academia
- 2+ years experience with enterprise software and complex ecosystems
- Lives and breathes Design Thinking, Lean UX, and customer-centricity
- Have a self-starting “just do it” mentality: learn and apply new complex concepts fast, resolve ambiguity, invent fearlessly, and iterate quickly
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills, including ability to persuade multifunctional stakeholders, executives, and customers
- Experience with advanced data visualization, big data analytics, geospatial info systems (GIS, e.g. ESRI), customer information systems, smart devices, and enterprise software: do you have enough broad experience with solutions so you can effectively solve problems synergistically without reinventing the wheel?
- Expertise with mockup tools (e.g. Balsamiq), and static prototyping tools (e.g. InVision): can you bring your ideas to life quickly and effectively?
- Bachelor or masters degree in innovation management, product management, human-computer interaction (HCI), interaction design, user experience design, systems/industrial design engineering, related fields, or equivalent experience.
Here's what will really set you apart:
- 10+ years of relevant work experience
- 3+ years of experience with the Internet of Things, Energy, utilities, and/or Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI)
- Passion for collaboration with multidisciplinary teams in a fast-paced culture and shifting priorities.
- Experience with defining and improving product metrics, including KPIs for user experience
- Experience with web applications, especially designing for component-based reuse
- Knowledge of visual design, interaction design, information architecture, customer experience, and service design
An opportunity to work with innovative and modern technologies - products and services in the field of electrification, automation, and digitalization. A working atmosphere and culture based on trust, responsibility and respect.
We celebrate the fact that our people are individuals and have different preferences and needs. If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new! That’s why we recruit extraordinary minds from all walks of life. We are committed to furthering our culture of diversity, equity and inclusion. We encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and are happy to give the opportunity to discuss flexibility and reasonable adjustment requirements. Many of our teams are working effectively in a remote, virtual environment adding to our ability to offer more flexibility on how you handle your time.
Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us craft tomorrow!
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.