If you really want to make a difference – make it with us
Siemens Mobility is a separately managed company of Siemens AG and has been a leading supplier in the field of mobility for over 160 years. Our core business includes rail vehicles, rail automation and electrification solutions, turnkey systems and related services. We have always been very innovative in making traveling faster, safer and more comfortable. Today, we need new solutions to new challenges such as climate change and rising populations worldwide. That's what drives us. That's why we shape mobility with passion, always being one step ahead. Through digitalization, we make infrastructures smart and create opportunities that get us from A to B sustainably and seamlessly. Our 39,600 employees are pioneers in mobility who help to keep the world moving.
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
- Join our global department for bid management and project execution for modern communication systems in railway infrastructure (for stations and trackside).
- As a system manager (f/m/d) you will be responsible for the architecture and technical functionality of communication technology in our projects. This includes radio systems (such as TETRA, GSM-R, xG, WiFi), backbone (SDH, MPLS), CCTV, Passenger Information Display and Announcement Systems and SCADA.
- To this purpose you will analyze customer requirements and examine their technical feasibility.
- Based on the customer requirements, you will derive a technical concept and system architecture for the railway communication subsystem and develop a solution tailored to the customer's individual needs.
- Within the scope of project management, you will coordinate the implementation of the highly complex communication systems from a technical point of view.
- You will work closely in an international team with colleagues from sales, engineering, development and project management.
Your qualifications – solid and appropriate
- You hold a master’s degree in an information science or engineering discipline (e.g. communications engineering or electrical engineering).
- In addition, you have many years of professional experience in system management, product management, (partial) project management or research & development.
- You have an industry background in railway engineering, traffic engineering or aerospace.
- Furthermore, you have excellent knowledge of data transmission / industrial networks and/or Radio Networks.
- You are used to working in international project environments, have a very good command of English and are willing to travel (approx. 20%). German language skills are an advantage.
Getting in touch with us – straightforward and direct
if you would like to find out more about Siemens before applying.
+49 (9131) 17 52430
if you wish to discuss any initial questions with our recruitment team. The contact person handling this job ad is Mr. Karl-Christian Gerbaulet.
if you would like more information about jobs and careers at Siemens.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility GmbH
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time