Position Title: Manager of Application Engineering
Location: Peachtree Corners, GA
Siemens Smart Infrastructures (SI) is looking for a Manager of the Components and Electronics Solutions Application Engineer for their Peachtree Corners, Georgia location. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading the Application Engineering Team for the Residential and Circuit Protection & Controls segments for the Electrical Products Business Unit.
The primary focus of the team is to provide pre-sales support of the Residential and CP&C product portfolio for external and internal customers. The team of technical experts’ functions furthermore as 3rd level technical support experts for customer service, product management, business development and sales. The AE team is the primary interface to R&D, quality, standards, and Product Safety Committee. In addition, it works in tandem with product management to develop requirement specification and ensures the portfolio meets the technical needs of the market.
To manage and develop the AE team of technical experts you need to employ sound management practices. You will need to lead the team, in collaboration with product management, to set mid to long term goals to continuously advance the product portfolio and solutions to ensure a competitive edge. In addition, you will be responsible to remove roadblocks to ensure the team can perform to its fullest potential.
Required Skill Set:
- Bachelor’s Degree – Mechanical or Electrical Engineering preferred
- 10+ years of experience in electrical distribution.
- Demonstrated project management experience working with cross-functional teams of 15+ individuals across multiple disciplines.
- Demonstrated ability to understand residential, commercial, and industrial business markets.
- Prior experience leading a team of individual contributors and managers to desired results.
- Knowledge of Molded Case Circuit Breaker, Mini Circuit Breakers and GFCI / AFCI.
- Prior experience in Technical Support or Customer Service role
- Ability to demonstrate and apply comprehensive knowledge of electrical distribution products (low voltage components in particular).
- Comprehensive knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures used in the application of circuit breakers
- Ability to manage and or influence large teams with many stakeholders
- Ability to establish & maintain collaborative relationships within and outside of the EP business unit to include Sales, Channel Management, R&D & Customer Support in addition to global and regional colleagues.
- Ability to articulate the SI EP vision and goals
- Consistent track record of innovative thinking
- Ability to motivate and engage others to deliver results
- BS/BA in related discipline, or advanced degree, where required, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Certification may be required in some areas.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.