Field Application Specialist
Do you want to contribute to the future of healthcare? Come and join Siemens Healthineers as a Field Application Specialist (FAS). You will support, troubleshoot and configure our range of Laboratory Diagnostics systems. Our FAS team train customers, update software, diagnose and rectify analyser application issues and ensure that assigned systems operate effectively.
This is a Field Based role and requires a flexible approach to working hours as well as travel. The nature of our customer’s business means that there is a requirement address complaints through to an end.
This role will cover the the southern region. You could be based anywhere from Oxford, Hertfordshire or North of London.
- Working with the Technical Solution Centre, taking the ownership of customer applications calls, to plan and finish actions that will result in the most effective resolution of customer events in a timely, efficient, and productive manner.
- Main responsible for the customer satisfaction for assigned systems, demonstrating proactive attitude and actions to optimise their performance and image. Develop and maintain relationships with top customers.
- Configure systems, working with engineers and Sales, and train customers, all with highest quality standards and meeting timelines.
- Update system software in accordance with deadlines set by the company. Inform customers of the advantages to be gained by the update and organising training if necessary
- Contribute to creating a motivated, positive, and communicative atmosphere, with tight teamwork with all other colleagues and departments. Communicate commercial information and opportunities closely with Sales.
- Assist the Sales team complete demonstrations, product presentations and technical responses to tenders and attend Technical site meetings
- Discussing with customers actions taken to resolve events and explaining any further actions that may be required.
- Using good judgement to decide when to instigate the escalation process in order to resolve a customer event. Work to deadlines in preparing information for management and colleagues when requested.
- Informing service management or team leader of situations where customer satisfaction is compromised or contractual obligations are unlikely to be met.
- Responsible for the complete and correct use of the complaint handling software defined by the company and strict compliance to quality procedures and work instructions.
Qualifications & Experience:
- A University Degree in Chemistry, Microbiology , Medical technology or equivalent in a relevant life science subject
- Medical Laboratory experience in Immunochemistry or blood sciences
- Dependability, capacity for teamwork, capability to come to decisions, organisational skills
- Good communication skills both verbal and written, with the ability to deal with, customers and staff at all levels.
- Fluency in English: written and spoken
- Must be sensitive to diversity in culture, language-ability, economic and political constraints, customer-expectations, regulatory requirements, etc.
Being part of our team:
Siemens Healthineers is a leading medical technology company with a 170-year legacy of first-to-market technologies and product innovations. Passionately driven by empowering healthcare providers to better help their patients, our technologies touch an estimated 5 million patients globally every day. We are committed to helping healthcare providers to succeed and work in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine as well as digital health and enterprise services.
Siemens Healthineers has been Certified™ as a ‘great place to work’. We are inspired to transform the way things are done – because we want what is best for our people, our customers, and ultimately to help everyone live longer and healthier lives. To find out more about our business and recent news, please explore our website.
- A competitive salary
- Generous pension contributions
- 26 days holiday
- Access to our flexible benefits from private medical insurance to dental cover
- Corporate Social Responsibility opportunities including 2 paid volunteering days per year
- Support from our 24/7 employee assistance programme
In addition, we provide a flexible and dynamic environment with the space to stretch beyond your comfort zone in order to grow both personally and professionally. Our unique team spirit arises from embracing different perspectives, open debate, and the will to challenge conventions. Change is a constant aspect of our work. We aspire to lead the change in our industry rather than just react to it. That’s why we want you to seek, implement and celebrate your best ideas.
We recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time