We make real what matters
Siemens Smart Infrastructure intelligently connects energy systems, buildings and industries. We help our customers to thrive, communities to progress and support sustainable development to protect our planet for the next generation. Join our team of about 293 000 colleagues around the globe and help us creating environments that care.
About the job
The Equipment Applications team develops building control and analytics applications for a wide range of world-leading portfolios in the domain of HVAC. The team has expert knowledge to design, implement and validate our applications that run on automation devices, in the Cloud or on Edge devices.
You as a Team Leader are responsible for the Equipment Applications team in Zug. You have a pronounced growth mindset and strong analytical skills paired with profound knowledge in object-oriented programming to bring the team forward in developing solutions that offer a high level of data aggregation and diagnostics intelligence. You are interested in new technologies, and you are keen to become an expert in the Building Automation domain.
At Siemens, you will join a motivated team working in a professional environment with a highly flexible working model. Together we want to grow and foster continuous learning.
Your new responsibilities
- Responsible for the Equipment Applications development team in Zug consisting of application engineers and solution architects
- Contribute to the department strategy development and the strategy-orriented team development and personnel management
- Support the domain experts and project managers in the ideation, conception, and design of building control and analytics applications in the HVAC domain
- Contribute in SAFe based agile teams to the team’s objectives e.g. as Scrum Master or Product Owner
- Contribute to our Domain Model and Semantic Descriptions
- Contribute to the further automation of our R&D processes
- Foster global collaboration with other teams and stakeholders
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, Physics or similar
- Leadership experience from international projects and team setups
- Committed and resilient leader with a growth mindset to bring the team forward, networking skills to connect with other teams and great dedication to drive our solutions forward to the latest level of technology
- Strong communication skills with people orientation to empower the team
- Demonstrated experience with object-oriented programming concepts and languages like Python, Node.js, Go
- Experience with Cloud backend services, microservices and container technologies like Kubernetes
- Experience with continuous integration and deployment such as GitLab CI/CD to enable fast and high-quality software deliveries (clean code)
- Experience in data science and machine learning methods
- Experience with control of technical systems and interest in control of HVAC systems
- Knowledge in Semantic Web technologies like Web of Things
- Written and spoken English and German on a proficient level
Who and where we are
Find out why Siemens is chosen every year as one of the most popular employers in Switzerland, and get a first impression of a new working environment and the people who could be your new work colleagues.
Siemens takes your privacy very seriously and ensures a high standard of data protection. We are therefore only able to accept applications via our application platform (‘APPLY NOW’ button). Answers to the most frequently asked questions and a contact form can be found at siemens.ch/contact-hr/en. We look forward to receiving your complete application.
Siemens is establishing mobile working as a core element of the “new normal”. Wherever possible, “mobile working” is ingrained in our work culture, which promotes self-directed and location flexible work. Siemens promotes equal opportunities. Diversity enriches our company and gives us an advantage.
Information for recruitment agencies: Siemens does not accept recruitment agency applications for this position. Thank you for your understanding.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Schweiz AG, Smart Infrastructure, Global Headquarters
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Either