Role: Test Engineer
Job Location: Gurgaon, India
Job description: Primarily responsible for the Verification & Validation activities in product development life cycle.
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
- He / she shall verify and validate the Distributed Control System (DCS) functions ensuring that control applications & configuration are healthy. It also includes performing defect analysis and testing.
- You are responsible for test design and its execution as per prescribed test strategy to ensure that software application complies with implicit and explicit functional and non-functional requirements
- Hands on experience with regression test environment.
- Involve in review of user/software requirement and functional specification with relevant stake holders.
- Specify and execute test cases based on analyzed requirements and overall test strategy.
- Report errors in bug tracking tool and track the issues to closure incl. support of defect investigation, validate defect fixes and analyze impact of fixes.
- Create test documentations, impact testing and ensure product & process quality as per customer requirements and defined software development process guidelines together with Test Manager.
- Defect analysis, Root Cause Analysis (RCA) and test reports.
- Validate Technical documentation (e.g. Administrator’s Manuals, User guide)
We don’t need superheroes, just super mind
- B.E/B.Tech in Instrumentation and Control/Electrical/Electronics Engineering.
- Candidate with 2-4 years of experience in Engineering, commissioning and testing of Power Plant Automation systems (DCS) or any other processing plants.
- Practical experience at project sites and engineering centers would be essential.
- Strong control process Domain knowledge is expected with Distributed Control System (DCS, PLC)
- Experience of features and functions in a Distributed Control System.
- Hands on experience with Test Automation Tool like QTP, is a plus.
- Strong presentation and interpersonal skills required. Strong Analytical skills is desirable for customer satisfaction and day to day team activities.
- Experience on Simatic family products. (Simatic S7)
- Strong experience in third party protocols like MODBUS, Profibus, Profinet, IEC 60870, IEC 61850, OPC-UA.
- Good communication skill (oral and written), quick learner for new technology and features/Components.
- Proven team player, high on collaboration with stake holders.
- ISTQB (Foundation level) Certified
- Hands-on on Agile based testing
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
This role is in Gurgaon, where you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the craft of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in.At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow ‘s reality.
Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Company: Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time