We are currently looking for a PA and Team Assistant to join us in Siemens Mobility - Customer Services (CS) business in Chippenham.
You will report to the Head of Customer Services and will be responsible for organising and coordinating a range of business operations whilst assisting in all aspects of the day-to-day running, including statistics and reporting both internally and externally, preparation of monthly reports and general management of the department. The role is broad, and there would be the opportunity and possibility to mould the role around your personal strengths.
We are looking for someone who is self-motivated, driven and independent and who can embrace the challenge of working in a vibrant, fast-paced, innovative environment helping to deliver railway infrastructure support projects and contracts for Siemens Mobility, Customer Services. Every day will be different in this varied and dynamic role.
Whatever your background, you’ll love your prospects at Siemens. The work is stimulating, the mindset is innovative, and the rewards are excellent. With Siemens, you’ll receive training and support, and be encouraged to take ownership of your role from day one.
This is your role
- Diary Management
- Research, data analysis and ability to present data accurately and clearly
- Maintain excellent relationships and networks with internal and external stakeholders
- Manage and coordinate local and national events
- Complete expenses for the Head of CS
- Support the local senior management team in their operations management
- Minute management meetings
- Act on behalf of the Head of CS to facilitate various activities such as authorisations, requisitions and fact finding
- Arrange meetings for the department each year to support business operations
- Monthly Internal and External Reporting - Preparing weekly and monthly reports in coordination with CS management team, tracking requirements, tracking their outcome
- Manage creation and preparation of quotes and PO supporting in managing spend
- Develop and assist delivery of monthly team briefs
- Fire and First Aid - responsible for coordinating effective and compliant first aid and fire marshal cover. Opportunity to act as lead fire marshal and undertake first aid training
- Resolve Safety Tour actions - Remind and coordinate outstanding related safety actions within CS leadership team. Report and investigate unsafe events or occurrences
- Archiving - liaise with external agencies to ensure effective tracking and storage of onsite and offsite archiving
- Team environment – Liaise with relevant parties to ensure the team office environment and IT needs are adequately met
- Assist team members with meeting arrangements and welfare where there is a client presence to ensure the customer experience is in line with Siemens values
- Own the team organisational structure and ensure onboarding and offboarding operations are handled smoothly
- Be a champion for EDI and CSR in the team, and a key promotor of supporting events
Qualifications, skills and experience required
- NVQ3/ONC/BTEC or equivalent relevant professional experience
- Experience working alongside Senior Managers and Directors
- Industry and/or business understanding or knowledge
- Good attention to detail
- Excellent inter-personal skills
- Ability to keep calm under pressure and conflicting demands
- Effective organisational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Thorough understanding and experience of Word, Excel, Powerpoint etc
- Independent, and confident in decision making and prioritising workload
- Able to manage conflict and stress
- Committed to being an ambassador for a positive safety culture
- Equality, Diversity, Inclusion Awareness
- Comfortable with change
If you think you would be right for this role and don’t have everything listed above, we would still like to hear from you to discuss the role further. You might be just who we are looking for!
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them! We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do I need to know
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance, pension and overtime. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new! That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time