The position is for a Field Service Repair Technician within Siemens Industry - Measurement Intelligence reporting directly to Ricardo Ochoa. The position will be an intricate part of the CGA/Laser technical support team. The technician will participate in commissioning, start-up, trouble-shooting, analyzing, programming support, application recommendations and repairs. The position will require hardware solutions or changes to semi-complex customer specifications and/or processes to better match company products.
- The technician will perform a full range of standard work for the instrumentation field as required. The technician will need to identify and resolve technical related issues regarding hardware, software, and other readily identifiable, clearly-defined problems.
- Technician will be responsible to support on-demand field service requests. This includes, but not limited to, commissioning, start-ups, troubleshooting and in field repairs.
- Technician may be required to conduct training sessions for internal/external customers. Training sessions can include face-to-face hands-on, power-point presentation, as well as the use of various virtual platforms such as Microsoft Teams.
- Expected to provide primary support for Siemens extractive continuous gas analyzers and tunable diode lasers products.
- Technician may be required to execute the technical training of internal/external service/repair personal during product launches.
- Ability to trouble shoot, diagnose and repair continuous gas analyzers/lasers in the field as well as in repair center.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Experience in various gas analyzer technologies such as NDIR, UV, TDL, FID, TCD and Paramagnetic.
- Experience in designing and service complex gas analyzer solutions including sample preparation systems and sample probes.
- Degree or technical degree in electronics. 3-5 years of experience in the assembly, test and calibration of continuous gas analyzers/laser technology.
- 50% required travel for Field Service
- 50% repair center for analyzer/laser repairs
- Proven ability to develop rapport with customers.
- Excellent skills in MS Office applications.
- Basic knowledge in digital communication including, but not limited to, Profibus, Modbus, Foundation Fieldbus, and Hart (Wireless).
- This position supports a Siemens customer who requires all employees and vendors to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 where permitted by applicable law and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.