Siemens Healthineers is building tomorrow’s talent. Shape the future with us.
We are looking for dedicated and talented people who tackle ever-changing challenges, customer needs, and questions from colleagues with clever concepts and creativity. We embrace change and work with curious minds re-inventing the future of work. Join us and let us focus together on what’s truly important: making lives better with new ideas and the latest technologies around the world.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens Healthineers;
- Freedom and a healthy work-life balance – Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Be part of exciting and innovative projects that help solve some of the world’s most significant health problems.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education and technology, and sustainability, making a positive impact on communities.
- Participate in our celebrations and social events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
- Siemens Healthineers is proud to be a Great Place to Work-certified company® in Canada for 2020-2021, 2021 Best Workplaces in Ontario™, and 2021 list of Best Workplaces™ for Women.
As a leading medical technology company, Siemens Healthineers enables healthcare providers to increase value by empowering them on their journey towards expanding precision medicine, transforming care delivery, improving the patient experience, and digitalizing healthcare. Siemens Healthineers is continuously developing its product and service portfolio, with AI-supported applications, digital services and clinical Point of Care diagnostic products, that play an increasingly important role in the next generation of medical technology. These new applications will enhance the company’s foundation in in-vitro diagnostic, image-guided therapy, and in-vivo diagnostics. Siemens Healthineers also provides a range of services and solutions to enhance healthcare providers’ ability to provide high-quality, efficient care to patients.
Siemens Healthineers in Canada stands for engineering expertise with a pioneering spirit in exploring and developing business opportunities to help healthcare providers achieve their goal of improving outcomes while reducing costs. Our 800 employees in Canada located across Canada and 54,000 worldwide, work together to deliver solutions for healthcare providers, resulting in 70% of medical decisions being influenced by the technologies we provide.
• 70% of critical clinical decisions are influenced by the type of technology we provide.
• More than 31 million Canadians benefit from Siemens Healthineers products every year.
• An average of 85,000 Canadians per day receive treatment or tests from a Siemens Healthineers device.
• Siemens Healthineers participates in 30 healthcare research collaborations in Canada and around the world.
The Field Service Representative II is a field-based, customer-facing role that primarily installs, services, maintains and modifies Siemens Laboratory Diagnostics instruments at customer sites. Our FSR's represent the "Face of Siemens" to the customer. The Field Service Representative reports to the Regional Service Manager at Siemens Healthcare Canada.
Our Field Service Representative will perform service, preventative maintenance and modifications on Laboratory Diagnostics instruments at customer sites with minimal supervision. Establish and maintain proper business relationships with customers and peers, as well as performing necessary administrative duties accurately.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
• Minimum Technical Degree or Equivalent Experience
• Experience in testing, repairing and maintaining capital medical equipment
• Strong electronics and computer background needed
• Previous experience with the following required: Laboratory Diagnostics instruments
• 4-5 years of field service experience is an asset
• Willing to work different shifts as business needs dictate, including willingness to work overtime as required
• Must be able to work both individually and in an established team setting
• Strong customer service and communication skills
• Bilingual (French and English) speaking and writing
• Must be proficient in the use of tools and service test equipment
• Valid driver's license and good driving record required
• Ability to travel and provide service in assigned geography; willingness to participate in an on-call rotation after training and certification
challenging yourself today in an environment that embraces diversity and
rewards innovation with competitive pay, great benefits, and a global network
offering real opportunity for growth and advancement.
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Siemens Healthineers Canada is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Healthineers Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
In our continued commitment to prioritize colleague health, comply with customer/business partner requirements, and help preserve our business continuity, Siemens Healthineers requires employees, contractors, and business partners to be fully vaccinated with relevant dose(s) of a Health Canada approved vaccine for all new hires by their start date.
“Fully vaccinated” means it has been 14 days after receiving the full series of a COVID-19 vaccine or combination of COVID-19 vaccines approved by Health Canada (i.e. two doses of a two-dose vaccine series, or one dose of a single-dose vaccine series), and which may include, at the Company’s discretion, any further doses in accordance with Health Canada guidelines.
Exemptions will only be granted for medical reasons or on the basis of a protected ground under applicable human rights legislation.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.