Change the future with us.
Our Sales experts are the eyes and ears of our customers. They do not wait; they take the initiative. They transform “That sounds interesting!” into actual contracts, paving the way for new avenues of business. Join our team and we will give you the latest knowledge and independence for autonomous action and decision-making, helping you become a trusted partner in customer relationships.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2018, Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2022 and Greater Toronto's Top Employers 2022.
What will you do?
Reporting to the Regional VP of Sales, the incumbent will be actively involved in developing and conducting the Industrial Automation sales strategy to ensure sustained regional growth. The incumbent will assist account managers when selecting products and solutions in accordance with customer needs. The incumbent will also be in charge of developing new business opportunities in his or her area. The incumbent will act as technical expert for this product portfolio.
- The Sales Representative – Industrial Automation will stimulate sales growth by strengthening relationships with existing customers to generate new business opportunities while building relationships with new customers. This will be done by developing sales strategies and leveraging all available resources to produce optimal results;
- The Sales Representative will develop and maintain his or her product portfolio expertise;
- He or she will provide their expertise to the account managers and their customers, along with the company’s distributors;
- His or her grasp of value-added services will be vital when establishing partnerships with customers to better understand their needs while providing them with advisory technical solutions. The incumbent will take special care to exceed customer expectations while acting with a sense of urgency. Your specific responsibilities will include, among others:
- Identify, qualify, exploit and maintain a volume of business opportunities sufficient to reach organizational objectives regarding orders and targets;
- Efficiently anticipate and evaluate the needs of the client to provide productive consultations;
- Design and prepare business proposals;
- Maintain a specific sales volume in the Customer Relationship Management System (and other internal systems) and create forecasts and gap closing measures;
- Remain abreast of industry changes and, if possible, obtain membership to industrial and professional associations while continuously seeking to improve sales techniques and knowledge.
What will you need to succeed?
- More than 5 years experience in technical sales, business development or consulting in the Industrial Automation field
- Strong technical and commercial knowledge of Industrial Automation products and their applications;
- Bachelor’s Degree in mechanical, electrical or industrial engineering, or electro-mechanical engineering, or a similar discipline;
- Proven sales, customer service and communication skills;
- Experience with, or ability to learn, technical and financial estimation tools;
- Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships;
- Teamwork and collaborative skills;
- Good presentation and negotiation skills;
- Excellent time-management skills and motivation;
- Results and target-oriented working methods;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Bilingualism required (French and English).
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Active across Canada, the company focuses on intelligent infrastructure for buildings and distributed energy systems and on automation and digitalization in the process and manufacturing industries. Siemens brings together the digital and physical worlds to benefit customers and society. Through Mobility, a leading supplier of intelligent mobility solutions for rail and road transport, Siemens is helping to shape Canada’s passenger rail services. Via its majority stake in the publicly listed company Siemens Healthineers, Siemens is also a leading supplier of medical technology and digital health services. In addition, Siemens holds a minority stake in Siemens Energy, a global leader in the transmission and generation of electrical power.
Making a difference together we raised $757,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 23 non-profit organizations and planted 1,100 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada has 2,500 employees from coast-to-coast and 24 office and production facilities across Canada. Join our team of approximately 293,000 talented professionals in more than 190 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Canada Limited
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.