Siemens is looking for a Supplier Quality professional with a very strong quality background in problem solving and issue resolution on supplier parts.
The position directly reports to Siemens Mobility Rolling Stock Supplier Quality Manager, selected candidate will be an individual contributor with no direct reports.Responsibilities
Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work and prioritize in a fast paced environment are essential for success in this position.
- Assessment, qualification and development of Electromechanical system suppliers.
- Evaluates supplier’s systems, products, components, and applications against technical and quality requirements. Review and implement an effective PPAP process at Siemens suppliers.
- Applies preventive quality methods sought at risk minimization. Designs, maintains and improves specific Quality requirements, specifications and concepts based on supplier categorization.
- Strategically lead supplier performance improvement projects in an effort to increase the supplier capability of consistently meeting Siemens requirements.
- Drive “Zero Defect” mentality within the supply base.
- Develop methods for inspection, testing, sampling and training. Prepares product reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Develop long term supplier relationships and generate and implement cost reduction ideas.
- Initiate action to prevent the occurrence of any non-conformities relating to product, process, and quality systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Electronics or equivalent.
- Proven experience taking care of sophisticated electromechanical systems in Quality field related to Rail Industry.
- At least 5 years of working experience in new product development, testing and Inspection.
- Hands on work experience with AWS and/or EN15085 Weld standards.
- Multi-functional work experience in major areas such as product engineering, supply management, project management, manufacturing, or operations
- Experience problem solver as an individual and leading a group, soft skills should include highly credible standout colleague based on related experience and strong written, verbal communication skills, patient, committed, and able to apply resources outside quality area.
- Prefer Certified Quality Engineer/Manager (CQE/CQM)
- Prefer Certified Weld Inspector (CWI) or equivalent
- Siemens is a globally diversified engineering powerhouse: an opportunity such as this one can open doors to engineering practices and businesses new to you, preparing you for a great future with potential in so many types of fields—sustainability, energy, medical technologies, to name a few—in almost any location you ever dreamed of exploring.
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent health, dental, and vision plans with many options from which to choose.
- All employees receive Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability coverage.
- 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available.
- Extensive product training and professional career development.
Where permitted by applicable law, Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements, and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.