Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 60,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as Head of Strategy and Market Competitiveness for Ultrasound General Imaging in Issaquah, WA.
This is a role well suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career. As a Head of Strategy and Market Competitiveness, reporting to the Head of Ultrasound General Imaging Franchise, you will be responsible for:
- Setting the strategic direction for the General Imaging franchise in conjunction with the Head of Strategy and Business Development for Siemens Healthineers Ultrasound
- work collaboratively with marketing and region sales leaders to assess market trends and develop the strategic and financial business case for ongoing and new opportunities
- assessing and conducting diligence on white spaces and strategic expansion in new growth opportunities
- responsible for the portfolio investment choices that drive our ROI, considering the needs of all different stakeholder in Sales, Engineering and Product Management
- define the pricing strategy for our GI product portfolio in close collaboration with our Finance teams in the countries and regions
- drive awareness of the current and future state of the market and customer direction to determine gaps that need to be addressed across the GI franchise portfolio
This position may suit you best if you are familiar with what is below, and would like to do develop your career with Healthineers
- You will evaluate the market attractiveness and strategic fit of potential new businesses, markets, domains that fit and enable the strategy
- Conduct primary and secondary market research activities to assess markets and targets, evaluate market potential, analyze differentiating technologies and product leadership positions that will support the growth strategy
- Prepare and present new business opportunities to senior leaders that include detailed financial analysis, market opportunity, revenue potential, IP, and technological assessment
- Evaluate and develop overarching strategies to improve market competitiveness of existing business including accessing customer feedback, market positioning, pricing strategy and sales processes
- Participate in developing analytics that will be used to establish well-supported solutions with specific recommendations that will enable the executive management team to make critical go/no go decisions
Required skills to have for the success of this role
- Master’s degree in Business Administration (MBA), Finance, Sciences/Engineering, and/or PhD highly preferred
- 8-10 years experience in strategy, business development, M&A, strategic planning and/or strategic marketing. Healthcare industry experience preferred but not a pre-requisite
- Prior experience in top tier management consulting firms a plus
- Profound understanding of financial KPIs as well as strong financial analysis and modeling skills
- Very strong analytical and project management skills
- Ability to assimilate complex financial, market and product data and to present it in a simple way to act upon for the business
- Strong ability to communicate effectively with leaders at Senior levels
- Willing to travel up to 20%
Siemens Healthineers has recently announced the next steps in our continued commitment to prioritize colleague health, comply with customer/business partner requirements, and help preserve our business continuity. Going forward, please be aware that Siemens Healthineers requires full COVID-19 vaccination for all new hires by their start date.
(Note: Accommodations may be requested for certain medical or religious reasons)
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specifics before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.