Do you want to shape and contribute to the future of healthcare? Siemens Healthineers are looking for an experienced Molecular Imaging Collaboration Scientist to join our team.
You will be part of a highly skilled and experienced team responsible for assisting and facilitating the collaboration and research activities of our luminary research sites. The Molecular Imaging Scientist will be responsible primarily for providing consultation and advanced scientific support to our key customers in SPECT- CT, PET-CT, and MR-PET, as well as designing and driving research projects within these specialities. Your primary responsibility will be to support the key sites in GB & Ireland however you will also occasionally be required to travel and support key customers within Europe.
The position offers an exciting opportunity to work on the interface between basic scientists, clinical researchers and Siemens Healthineers as the industry leader for advancing imaging technology. Working in this position will require scientific and clinical knowledge as well as a very good understanding of current and emerging healthcare techniques and technologies with the aim of supporting key customers and partners.
The role will offer a very close connection to applied and clinical science and aims to identify and assist in collaborative research projects. Integral to this position will be the pivotal role you will play in helping maintain Siemens Healthineers as the leading scientific and collaboration partner within the Healthcare community.
This position will also involve supporting and initiating additional academic collaborations with other national or international Siemens partners. Clinical research input and direct contribution to research projects and publications will be possible subject to individually defined research projects.
This is a home based role with significant travel, including some international travel, mainly to the USA and Germany.
What are my responsibilities?
• Developing innovative SPECT, PET and hybrid MR-PET techniques in close cooperation with academic partners and validating new applications clinically.
• Support key GB&I molecular imaging customers in their scientific understanding and use of unique Siemens Molecular Imaging advanced technologies.
• Facilitating translation of pre-clinical concepts to a clinical environment for 'real-world' evaluation with the goal of integration into future products.
• Participation at scientific workshops in the region and giving presentations at meetings, seminars and scientific congresses.
• Providing sales support when required to Business Managers in the imaging segment for key strategic projects requiring scientific input.
• Successfully driving collaboration projects.
• Submission of invention disclosures and joint publications of collaboration results at scientific congresses and in peer reviewed journals together with our collaboration partners
• Developing a strong relationship with both Molecular Imaging Groups in Knoxville, Tn, USA and Hoffman Estates, Illinois, USA.
• Facilitating the Interface for our collaboration partners to the collaboration, development and marketing teams in headquarters and the global customer network of leading institutions collaborating with Siemens.
• Reporting collaboration results back to product development and marketing.
• Collaboration administration and project management.
• MI scientific support to key multi-modality projects, either within the sales phase and/or during project implementation.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
• A biomedical or medical physics degree with some software experience and familiarity with image reconstruction techniques.
• A background in Positron Emission Tomography/Single Photon Emission Tomography, experience in clinical radiology, nuclear medicine or a related field with a PhD in a related topic.
• Profound scientific applications knowledge and an affinity for clinically relevant applications development in medical imaging with a proven track record.
• Outstanding communication skills to establish and maintain relationships between variety of people in different roles/levels and physical locations.
• Good networking skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to create new and innovative solutions,
• You enjoy learning from and work across different cultures
• Excellent English language skills are required
• Ability to travel internationally
Desirable Skills and Experience
• Experienced in working together with physicians or scientists in the field of Molecular Imaging, MR and CT, publishing in scientific journals.
• An awareness of intellectual property rights and appropriate handling of sensitive intellectual material.
Being part of our team:
Siemens Healthineers is a leading medical technology company with a 170-year legacy of first-to-market technologies and product innovations. Passionately driven by empowering healthcare providers to better help their patients, our technologies touch an estimated 5 million patients globally every day. We are committed to helping healthcare providers to succeed and work in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine as well as digital health and enterprise services.
Siemens Healthineers has been Certified™ as a ‘great place to work’. We are inspired to transform the way things are done – because we want what is best for our people, our customers, and ultimately to help everyone live longer and healthier lives. To find out more about our business and recent news, please explore our website.
• A competitive salary
• Generous pension contributions
• 26 days holiday
• Access to our flexible benefits from private medical insurance to dental cover
• Corporate Social Responsibility opportunities including 2 paid volunteering days per year
• Support from our 24/7 employee assistance programme
In addition, we provide a flexible and dynamic environment with the space to stretch beyond your comfort zone in order to grow both personally and professionally. Our unique team spirit arises from embracing different perspectives, open debate, and the will to challenge conventions. Change is a constant aspect of our work. We aspire to lead the change in our industry rather than just react to it. That’s why we want you to seek, implement and celebrate your best ideas.
We recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time