At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Looking for a way to use your advanced software development skills for building a career creating advanced engineering software? This position is as a Software Engineer - Advanced working on Siemens' flagship commercial CAD application, NX! https://www.plm.automation.siemens.com/global/en/products/nx/. NX delivers the next generation of design, simulation, and manufacturing solutions that enable companies to realize the value of the digital twin.
The employee will create software for the NX CAD product with focus on surpassing customer expectations, on achieving high quality and on-time delivery. Our hire will be the lead for ensuring the overall quality of the released product on all required platforms. We are looking for an ability to understand sophisticated products, solutions, and problems. Builds, documents, and implements software designs which may involve complex workflows or multiple product areas. You will be the technical lead of one or more projects within one area of a product. Provides recommendations on the technical direction for NX. You'll advise customers in regard to future upgrades and products. Able to solve complex technical problems. Provides specialized expertise within multiple systems, software subject areas, as well as knowledge of related disciplines, applications, implications, and customer areas. Works with minimal supervision on complex projects with wide latitude for independent judgment. Highly skilled with extensive proficiency and technical expertise.Essential Functions:
- Design, develop, modify, and implement software programming for the product.
- Provide innovative solutions to problems in the area of acknowledged expertise.
- Use specialized knowledge to provide technical solutions.
- Implement code and do code reviews and software integration.
- Maintain and support current software.
- Gather additional requirements from users and incorporate when practical.
- Implement new functionality.
- Ensure that resultant deliverable is consistent with design.
- Ensure that appropriate reviews and unit tests are performed.
- Proactively communicate and consult with other developers and customers.
- Review designs and/or implementations of other projects as required.
- Manage assigned projects including defining scope, plans, schedules, and deliverables.
- Research - Maintain technical expertise in area of specialty by following technical advances in industry and academia.
- Perform research to determine possible technical solutions to long-term technical issues.
- Communicates status of all projects, tools, and environments.
- Develop new insights
- Document all processes and procedures.
- High knowledge of SDLC and other life cycle methodology and testing skills
- Strong application integration skills
- Understanding of hardware and operating environment
- Demonstrable program and system development skills
- Production support skills
- Ability to work on multiple sophisticated projects simultaneously.
- Ability to communicate sophisticated technical concepts clearly and effectively.
- Six or more years of proven experience and a bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science, engineering, or equivalent.
- Education and/or experience relevant to CAD software development and high performance computing
Where permitted by applicable law, Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements, and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.