Do you want to join us in helping to fight the world’s most threatening diseases and enabling access to care for more people around the world? At Siemens Healthineers, we pioneer breakthroughs in healthcare. For everyone. Everywhere.
We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment with opportunities to go beyond your comfort zone in order to grow personally and professionally. Sound interesting? Then come and join our global team as
Our global team: We are a team of 66,000 highly dedicated employees across more than 70 countries passionately pushing the boundaries of what’s possible in healthcare to help improve people’s lives around the world. As a leader in the industry, we aspire to create better outcomes and experiences for patients no matter where they live or what health issues they are facing. Our portfolio, spanning from in-vitro and in-vivo diagnostics to image-guided therapy and innovative cancer care, is crucial for clinical decision-making and treatment pathways.
Our culture: We are part of an incredible community of scientists, clinicians, developers, researchers, professionals, and skilled specialists pushing the boundaries of what’s possible, to improve people’s lives around the world. We embrace a culture of inclusivity in which the power and potential of every individual can be unleashed. We spark ideas that lead to positive impact and continued success. Check our Careers Site at https://www.siemens-healthineers.com/en-us/careers.
The key objectives of the Global Demand Instrument Senior Planner are to accurately plan global end user demand and distribution requirements. These key objectives drive the Production supply response of instruments & accessories in a make to stock environment. This position directly impacts customer service and business cash flow related to forecast and replenishment accuracy/inaccuracy.
This is a role well suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career.
As a Global Demand Instrument Senior Planner, you will be responsible for:
- Proper system setup of the demand forecasting tool and SAP to establish a replenishment planning strategy from two distribution centers. Establishing safety stock levels at each distribution center based on demonstrated country demand variability.
- Responsible for alignment between instrument demand forecasting & supply plan from manufacturing while maintaining target inventory levels
- Provide rolling forecasts to internal and external manufacturing to ensure supply is constantly flowing
- Building a strong collaboration between SCM, Finance, Manufacturing & Marketing/Sales to align forecasts, production plans and inventory setting
- Provide input to the monthly Sales & Operational Planning Process on key products
- Managing the finished goods inventory level to fiscal year target at both global Distribution Centers to service the customers
- Executing replenishment planning between multiple DC’s and or suppliers to Siemens Distribution Centers to ensure the right product is at the right DC at the right time.
This position may suit you best if you are familiar with what is below, and would like to develop your career with Healthineers
- Utilization of serial number assignment through the Oracle ATP database & SAP
- Root cause corrective action analysis to meet established targets.
- Performance measured on achieving key metrics and targets
- Forecast Accuracy
- Distribution center inventory forecast vs target
- New Product Set up in SAP & planning system
- Line item Fill Rate (end user)
- Ability to build strong networks & develop key relationships both internally & externally
- Advanced analytical & organizational skills with high attention to detail
- Customer focused to drive process improvements
- Excellent communication skills with advanced written and presentation skills
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Qlikview, Qlik Sense, BI tools & planning software
Required skills to have for the success of this role
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- Minimum of 5-8 years supply chain planning experience in a Logistics/Planning environment focused on demand/supply alignment, process improvements & analysis to achieve results
- APICS Certification(s) preferred
- Strong knowledge of Healthineers products, distribution network and Supply Chain fundamentals beneficial
- SAP MRP, planning software experience preferred
- Experience using Kinaxis Rapid Response
Siemens Healthineers has recently announced the next steps in our continued commitment to prioritize colleague health, comply with customer/business partner requirements, and help preserve our business continuity. Going forward, please be aware that Siemens Healthineers requires full COVID-19 vaccination for all new hires by their start date, except where prohibited by state law. Accommodations may be requested for certain medical or religious reasons. If you choose to submit an accommodation request it should be submitted within 3 business days of receiving a verbal offer. Details on how to submit approval will be provided by your recruiter. An accommodation approval must be confirmed prior to your start date. A start date cannot be confirmed until the accommodation has been reviewed. An accommodation is based on your role. If you are a currently a Siemens Healthineers employee with an existing approved accommodation, it will need to be re-evaluated prior to starting a new role.
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.