Who We Are | Our Culture:
Siemens Smart Infrastructure connects energy systems and buildings to adapt and evolve the way we live and work through high-profile construction and infrastructure projects such as airports, pharmaceutical plants, data centers, stadiums, universities, military bases, and hospitals.
We live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
We are looking for an IT Technician I with experience installing, configuring, troubleshooting, and supporting a broad range of IT products and systems.
- The IT Technician I will support the Regional Solutions and Services, Region Americas business unit within the global Siemens Smart Infrastructure division and will work directly with both corporate stakeholders and field personnel from Siemens’ branches in the U.S. and Canada
- The IT Technician I will be responsible for supporting the IT Solutions and Services team and will work directly with IT Solutions Architects to assist during the design, deployment, and maintenance of IT solutions supporting the products, solutions, and services Siemens delivers to our customers
- The IT Technician I will be responsible for supporting field technical teams with a focus on IT product and system deployment, configuration, and troubleshooting
- The IT Technician I will be responsible for on-site maintenance, expansion, and administration of the Siemens regional IT/OT lab environment in the Dallas, TX area
- The IT Technician I will report to the Head of IT & Cybersecurity and will take direction from the IT Solutions and Services team lead
- Assist the IT Solutions and Services team in researching, selecting, procuring, tracking, and receiving IT equipment and systems for the Siemens regional IT/OT lab in Dallas, TX
- Install, configure, maintain, administer, and troubleshoot IT equipment and systems in the IT/OT lab environment
- Maintain records and write documentation on the IT/OT lab environment – including, but not limited to creating and updating network diagrams, data flow diagrams, equipment lists, rack and cabling layout diagrams, IP schemas
- Collaborate with regional and global stakeholders to support lab activities and initiatives – common activities may include, but are not limited to: modifying equipment configuration, adding/changing/moving hardware, installing software, modifying configurations, configuring remote access, monitoring performance, and investigating and troubleshooting problems
- Administer software, infrastructure, and systems to support the delivery of internal and external solutions and services – duties may include, but are not limited to: administering hypervisors, administering Microsoft Active Directory, updating software configuration, and modifying permissions
- Assist the IT Solutions and Services team Solutions Architects in designing, estimating, engineering, deploying, and maintaining IT products and systems for customers of Siemens offerings in the U.S. and Canada
- Monitor, respond to, and resolve support requests submitted by technical teams in Siemens branches in the U.S. and Canada
- Support request topics may vary, but are largely focused on the deployment, configuration, and troubleshooting of a defined set of IT products and systems that are supported by the IT Solutions and Services team and used by Siemens branches.
- Actively maintain and expand knowledge of IT trends, best practices, standards, and equipment
- Attend and actively engage at conferences, events, and educational activities
- Work with supervisor to develop active education/training plan and complete training and certifications
- Represent the Siemens organization professionally during interactions with internal stakeholders, partners, vendors, and customers
- Drive IT and technology adoption and maturity improvement across the organization by incorporating education, explanation, and collaboration in every interaction
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Proven work experience with a range of IT equipment, software, and systems
- Proven work experience with handling, installing, configuring, and troubleshooting IT equipment in production datacenter environments
- Proven work experience reading IT product documentation and understanding functionality, uses, and limitations, even without direct experience with that specific product
- Proven work experience writing and maintaining technical documentation
- Proven work experience collaborating with others across teams and organizational groups with a focus on working well with individuals and groups from diverse backgrounds, and with varying levels of technical proficiency
- Familiarity with commonly used Microsoft Windows-based environment roles, tools, and administrative activities – including, but not limited to: Microsoft Active Directory, Windows DHCP, Windows DNS, Windows Group Policy, local Windows user/group settings, Windows WDS/SCCM, Windows File Server configuration and permissions, and general Windows Server and Workstation OS configuration and administration
- Familiarity with working in a networked Active Directory environment based on Windows servers and workstations – including understanding of and ability to effectively utilize features such as: Remote Desktop, Remote Administration, and admin shares
- Familiarity with common industry-accepted troubleshooting methodologies and frameworks – including, but not limited to: the Open Systems Interconnection (OSI) model, CompTIA’s IT troubleshooting methodology, and Bottom-Up network troubleshooting
- Familiarity with commonly used IT monitoring, diagnostics, and troubleshooting tools – including, but not limited to: ping, tracert, nslookup, TCPquery, ARP tables, and Windows event logs
- Familiarity with commonly used virtualization and hyper-converged technologies – including, but not limited to: Microsoft Hyper-V, VMWare vSphere, and Nutanix
- Familiarity with common networking equipment (firewalls, switches, routers, and wireless equipment) – including, but not limited to: Dell, HPE/Aruba, Cisco, Fortinet, and Juniper
- Willingness to learn new skills and technologies and ability to apply past experiences to new situations to quickly understand and work with unfamiliar technologies
- Willingness and ability to attend IT and industry-related training and educational events
- Willingness and ability to attain IT and industry-related technical and/or process certifications
- Advanced verbal and written English language communication skills, including proficiency in technical writing and documentation
- Advanced ability working with Microsoft Office products including Excel, Word, Visio, and PowerPoint.
- Travel: up to 20% travel required in the U.S. and Canada
- Applicant must be located within approximately 2 hours driving distance of Dallas, TX
- High school diplomas, state-recognized GED or state-recognized high school proficiency exam
- Where permitted by applicable law, Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements, and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons
- Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Familiarity with OT and considerations related to designing combined OT/IT solutions
- Familiarity with facilities, buildings, and the construction cycle – including familiarity with construction specification divisions
- Knowledge of operational technology such as industrial control systems, facility-related control systems, and network-connected facility systems
- Familiarity with industrial networking topologies and equipment
- Existing IT-related certifications, such as CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, or similar
- Degree in IT-related field
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.