Siemens is looking for an in-house Counsel to join our Mergers and Acquisitions team - Project Finance / M&A in the U.S. In this role, you will advise Siemens’ business partners on private equity style investments in projects and platforms in the renewable energy, efficiency, and infrastructure (including healthcare and mobility) sectors in the Americas, and may also be asked to assist on merger and acquisition transactions.
We are looking for a self-starter with excellent judgment who is able to work well independently, but also as part of a team. As a trusted advisor to Siemens’ business units, you should possess the ability to translate complex legal issues into identifiable and understandable business risks and provide recommendations. This is an excellent opportunity to become part of a driven and valued legal department at a global company that appreciates and empowers its employees.
What are my responsibilities?
- Acting as trusted business advisor to business partners and senior management.
- Advising on acquisitions and divestments of interests in portfolio companies and platforms.
- Negotiating the establishment of joint ventures with external legal.
- Advising and managing participation in tender processes (PPP, BOT, alliance models, among others), principally in North and South America.
- Advising on tax equity transactions, with a focus on PTC transactions.
- Advising on transaction structuring of projects for “bankability” purposes.
- Arranging and conducting due diligence.
- Drafting and negotiating of project and major transaction documentation, including: share purchase agreements, shareholders’ agreements, articles of association, by-laws and other ancillary agreements, loan agreements, common terms agreements, security agreements, equity contribution agreements, project development agreements, BOP, EPC, and O&M contracts, teaming agreements, and concession.
- Advising on asset-backed financing with development financing institutions and export credit agencies.
- Advising on asset management and corporate governance of portfolio companies.
- Selecting, mandating and supervising external legal.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- 5+ years of legal counsel professional experience in an international environment at a major law firm or in the legal department of a large industrial.
- Excellent academic record (J.D. required), good judgement, strong communication and decision-making.
- Substantial experience in private energy and infrastructure acquisition, disposition, and finance transactions.
- Strong experience in project finance, corporate finance, and debt capital markets.
- Substantial experience in joint venture agreements.
- Substantial experience in public private partnerships, public procurement processes, and concession structures.
- Experience in merger and acquisition transactions is preferred but not required.
- An approachable, easygoing, and flexible manner.
- Reading, speaking and writing in Spanish or Portuguese is a plus.
Why you’ll love working at Siemens!
* Competitive compensation (salary and bonus) based on qualifications
* Medical, dental, prescription and vision coverage, first day of employment
* Matching 401(k) (immediate employer match)
* Flexible paid time off plan, paid holidays, and floating holidays
* Career development opportunities
* Hybrid work week
* Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
* Paid parental leave
Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
Where permitted by applicable law, Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements, and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons.
Organization: Legal and Compliance
Company: Siemens Corporation
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.