Do you want to join us in helping to fight the world’s most threatening diseases and enabling access to care for more people around the world? At Siemens Healthineers, we pioneer breakthroughs in healthcare. For everyone. Everywhere.
We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment with opportunities to go beyond your comfort zone in order to grow personally and professionally. Sound interesting? Then come and join our global team as a Senior Software Engineer.
Our Global Team: We are a team of 66,000 highly dedicated employees across more than 70 countries passionately pushing the boundaries of what’s possible in healthcare to help improve people’s lives around the world. As a leader in the industry, we aspire to create better outcomes and experiences for patients no matter where they live or what health issues they are facing. Our portfolio, spanning from in-vitro and in-vivo diagnostics to image-guided therapy and innovative cancer care, is crucial for clinical decision-making and treatment pathways.
Our Culture: We are part of an incredible community of scientists, clinicians, developers, researchers, professionals, and skilled specialists pushing the boundaries of what’s possible, to improve people’s lives around the world. We embrace a culture of inclusivity in which the power and potential of every individual can be unleashed. We spark ideas that lead to positive impact and continued success. Check our Careers Site at https://www.siemens-healthineers.com/en-us/careers.
As a Senior
Software Engineer, you will be responsible for translating our
software and system requirements into component designs and implementing them
using the latest technologies.
- Perform design, maintenance, enhancement, testing, and implementation per product requirements and associated use cases/scenarios
- Design and develop secure medical device application software solutions
- Complete estimates for software modules under development, and estimates own work
- Complete design, implementation, unit test, code review and static code analysis activities
- Participate in risk management (project, technical, and hazard) activities
- Provide mentorship and technical guidance to junior engineers
- Communicate task status to the team lead and manager
- Perform presentations of technical findings and developments
- Interact with other test and development personnel on a project
- Manage own priorities, with support from the Technical Leads
Required Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a technical field
- 5-8 years’ experience in the medical device space
- Strong object-oriented design and development skills
- Java or C# experience with C++ knowledge
- UML design and documentation
- Ability to apply the fundamentals of programming languages to solve complex engineering problems
- Understanding of Operating Systems, Networks and Databases and how to make them all work together efficiently
- Experience developing software solutions within an IDE (i.e. Microsoft Visual Studio, Intellij, Eclipse, Android Studio)
- Strong written, presentation, and general communication skills
- Ability to peer-review software requirements, design documents and code
- Ability to work effectively both alone and as part of a team
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
Preferred Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Development experience in Android
- Developing software for embedded systems
- Test Driven Design experience
- Familiarity with development Software as a Medical Device
- Experience in SAFe or other Agile development practices
- Experience in a technical leadership or a passion to one day serve that role
Siemens Healthineers has recently announced the next steps in our continued commitment to prioritize colleague health, comply with customer/business partner requirements, and help preserve our business continuity. Going forward, please be aware that Siemens Healthineers requires full COVID-19 vaccination for all new hires by their start date, except where prohibited by state law. Accommodations may be requested for certain medical or religious reasons. If you choose to submit an accommodation request it should be submitted within 3 business days of receiving a verbal offer. Details on how to submit approval will be provided by your recruiter. An accommodation approval must be confirmed prior to your start date. A start date cannot be confirmed until the accommodation has been reviewed. An accommodation is based on your role. If you are a currently a Siemens Healthineers employee with an existing approved accommodation, it will need to be re-evaluated prior to starting a new role.
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.