Siemens eMobility® solutions is shaping the market with innovative EV charging technologies. We are dedicated to driving an open and accessible market for electric vehicles, as well as planning and implementing secure grid connections to enable further growth of EV adoption.
The North American eMobility market is THE growth market transforming the mobility and energy industries. Siemens is a market leader in the electrification of transportation and we’re looking for top talent to join us in continuing to drive this industry forward. Joining our team, you will have the chance to work in a start-up like environment within a large corporation, combining the vast resources Siemens can provide with the agility and flexibility such a dynamic market requires.
Embedded Software Engineer for EV charging station technology (eMobility, renewable & green energy)
Application development on embedded linux platform for Cortex Arm A8 microprocessor
Perform continuous software improvement via bug fixing and implementing new features to support market needs
Embedded Software Engineer will report to R&D manger.
- Develop software solutions following SDLC: creating requirements documentation, researching the information and data flow and processes, and identifying problem areas.
- Create and direct documentation, sequence diagrams, and architecture layout for existing software implementation to facilitate future design.
- Analyze key implementation areas and recommend changes for embedded applications
- Develop Open Source Clearance certification strategy and attain clearance.
- Improve procedures for SDLC and CI/CD pipelines.
- Implement WebApi, Websocket APIs for cloud client.
- Develop OCPP client software to comply with OCPP 1.6 and OCPP NG
- Create and Update low level drivers for various communication platforms during embedded software development.
- Develop application to interface with WiFi, Bluetooth, NFC, Cellular modems
- Add/modify Python Open Source Packages.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Minimum 3 years experience with Operating Systems such as Embedded Linux, Unix/Linux, Yocto Custom Linux Distros, VxWorks, Windows.
- At least 2-3 years experienced in Technologies such as DOCSIS, HDMI, TCP/IP, IPv6, MPEG, SNMP, TR-069, Ethernet, WiFi.
- At least 2-3 experience in Collaboration Tools, source control tools such as Agile, Git, Jira, Jenkins, Clearcase, CVS.
- At least 2-3 experience in working with Django server, patching rootfs etc.
- Working knowledge of GNU Toolchain, STL, MFC Libraries, object-oriented technologies (UML).
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor or Masters in computer science or related field with 5-7 yrs of experience in embedded software development.
- Knowledge of electrical systems, specifically EV charging solutions is highly desired.
- Experience in Application development in C, Python for AM335X embedded platform.
- Embedded firmware development experience in 8, 16 and 32 bit microprocessor
- Experience in developing code for STM32 processors is highly desirable.
This position may be hired at one level down should the selected candidate's experience warrant.
At Siemens, we are committed to an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles and seek to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience.
Can you see yourself, learning, growing, and succeeding here? If so we'd like to meet you!
We offer flexible vacation time, a matching 401K plan, profit sharing, full health, life, vision and dental benefits.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.