At Siemens Mobility we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We apply lean principles to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams and innovate to succeed. Our product offerings include light rail vehicles, electric locomotives, diesel-electric locomotives, passenger coaches, and high-speed trains. Core manufacturing processes include extensive car-shell welding activities, bogie fabrication and assembly, electrical subassembly, finishing and paint, and final assembly.
This Sr. Engineer will work with the Carshell Calculations Engineering Manager. This is a full time in person (not remote) role located in Sacramento, California. You will be responsible for structural calculation activities related to rail vehicle structural design and analysis.
The primary objective of this role is to perform structural assessments of rail vehicle primary and secondary structure using a combination of manual and Finite Element (FEA) calculation methodologies against static and fatigue loads.Responsibilities
- You will give direct mentorship to the design packages ensuring all systems are fully coordinated into the vehicles
- Use 3D CAD software to build models for the purpose of structural assessment (Finite Element Analysis)
- Document analytical work in detailed engineering reports demonstrating compliance with regulatory requirements
- Responsible for compilation of the Specifications, CDRL's and Design Review Documentation
- Specify technical requirements and collaborate closely across departments providing transparency as required
- Act as the technical representative in customer design meetings
- Have an understanding in all aspects of the analytical process from interpretation of regulatory and specification requirements, load assumptions, boundary conditions, through interpretation of results
- Provide technical mentorship to junior engineers in the department
- Work collaboratively with all internal and external customers
- Lead duration of the work you're doing independently with consideration of both time and associated cost
- Responsible to ensure that schedules are met for all work across all projects
- Support the procurement, manufacturing, testing and warranty cycles
- BS degree in Mechanical, Civil, or Structural Engineering + 10 years of proven experience or MS degree in Mechanical, Civil, or Structural Engineering + 5 years of proven experience.
- Experience in the design and analysis of welded strictures subject to static and cyclic loads
- Solid understanding of structural welding codes including AWS, EN15085, DVS1608 and 1612
- Solid knowledge of Finite Element analysis as applicable to structural design including static, quasi-static, multifaceted, and fatigue assessment methodologies
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent health, dental, and vision plans with many options from which to choose.
- All employees receive Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability coverage.
- 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available.
- Extensive product training and professional career development.
Where permitted by applicable law, Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements, and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons.#li-eb1
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.