Siemens Mobility inspires the world to move forward more intelligently and sustainably. We’re engineering AI driven, IoT empowered transportation, giving people more freedom and the planet a greener future. And, we’re inspiring the world of work to be more progressive – leading by example in how we support our colleagues in innovating, learning and living.
At Siemens, we’ve introduced the #newnormal where we’re encouraged to work flexibly. It’s all yours to decide what you’re going to achieve, where and how – unlocking your full potential with our unconditional support. Because, as our colleagues will tell you, if there’s anything Siemens is as forward-thinking about as technology, it’s your wellbeing. It’s being agile, understanding you and giving you all you need to thrive.
The role is on the Central Line Life Extension Project which will address obsolescence issues on the Central Line Automatic Train Supervision System.
The activities to be undertaken will include:
- Supporting the build of a factory test rig
- Assembling small factory based test rigs
- Assembling non-standard data cables
- Preparing finalised rig documentation
- Coordination activities between network design team and signalling design team
- Providing hardware support to our R&D team working on this project
- Preparing project documentation
- Liaising with our client on hardware issues
- Investigation of hardware issues
- Integration of software systems with PC hardware platform
- Deployment of system that utilises Windows 10/11
- Deployment of system that utilises Windows Server 2019
- Familiar with PC hardware
- Familiar with installing & configuring Operating System software (Windows 10/11 and Server)
- Detailed understanding of RS232/422/485 communications, and debugging of issues
- Good understanding of network communications, covering Layer 2 and Layer 3 devices
- Preparation of design documentation using WORD and VISIO
- Managing and prioritisation of assigned activities
- Client facing role
- Familiar with Siemens WESTRACE interlocking
- Familiar with Westinghouse S2
- IRSE license
- Cyber security basic understanding
- Microsoft Server certification
- Wiring data cables, LV power cables
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them! We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Does creating the ways a new world moves sound like it requires your skills? How about ensuring we do it with net-zero emissions by 2050? Discover a engineering career combining innovation, sustainability and a rare opportunity to shape society at scale.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new! That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA
, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.