This role reports to the manager of Business Controlling team and performs financial analysis of business results in support to the CFO of Digital Industries Software (DI SW). Performs complex financial analysis on budget, operating results, and business plans to determine health of the business and make recommendations to upper management. Prepares forecast and analysis on industry and general economic trends and works with minimum supervision.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Responsible for the timely and competent analysis of business results to enhance transparency and make actionable business recommendations
- vs. Forecast/Planning and presenting finalized results and analysis to senior management during monthly closing
- Develop and present monthly forecast and annual budgets for the management; ability to provide insight of headcount changes by depth structure and key drivers related to expense variances between actual vs. forecast vs. budget
- Support to manage our BU costs during monthly reporting, forecasting and budgeting cycles, as well as our portfolio effects and special items analysis
- Handles special projects and requests including ad-hoc analysis, drivers of operating expenses, and BU CFO presentations
- Ensure clean books and records in addition be able to follow recent accounting standards and financial reporting guidelines
- Develop monthly and quarterly reporting packages by depth structure
- Lead new reporting, process enhancements and drive initiatives and implementation
- Identify opportunities for cost reductions and efficiencies
- Ad-hoc analysis as needed
- Bachelor Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting
- Master of Science, Master of Business Administration and/or CPA/CMA preferred
- Minimum of 7+ years of relevant education/work experience in Finance
- Experience working with Tableau, Power BI, Business Object, Office (especially excel and powerpoint), Hyperion, Essbase, Esprit and SAP
- Qlikview/SQL skills preferred but not required
- Prior experience in managing budgets and cost center reporting and forecasting
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Experience in processing complex, detailed information in an accurate and thorough manner
- Experience with organizing material and information in a systematic way to optimize efficiency
- Experience with process improvement concepts
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Must be flexible as to assignment, business needs, adapts quickly to change and able to juggle multiple projects with competing deadlines
- Attention to detail, with a natural curiosity as to how things relate to one another
- Enthusiastic, positive, can-do attitude
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Where permitted by applicable law, Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements, and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.