- Defines Consumer Products & Retail solutions that span the full Digital Industry Software, involving subject matter experts from the field and relevant business segments. These solutions will pull from the ever-growing and evolving software portfolio within DISW, from product and process R&D, simulation, manufacturing, digital logistics, but also capabilities leveraging low code (Mendix), enabling other capabilities such as Digital Lifecycle Management for Fashion and Retail, Warehouse Management, Sustainability and others.
- Understands major competitive movement and Siemens DISW required solution response to remain competitively viable and differentiated
- Creates unique solutions that anticipate future opportunities, uncovering and resolving unmet industry needs, by applying software-based solutions to key Consumer Products & Retail business processes
- Establishes firm financial foundation for solutions based best in class industry process context and business value justification
- Collaborates with internal solution partners for alignment and to build comprehensive “One Siemens” solutions and messages (example – Food and Beverage vertical)
- Collaborates with selected external solution partners to extend Consumer Products & Retail solution capabilities
- Supports definition of Consumer Products & Retail solution messaging and value propositions
- Creates compelling solution vision, enabled by latest solutions underlying CP&R digital threads
- Collaborates with Industry and Business Segment marketing teams to enable them to create compelling internally and externally facing campaign materials
- Supports industry solution go-to-market enablement for direct and channel sales organizations
- Engages with strategic customers to understand solution requirements, and to present the DISW digital threads and related solutions
- Supports sale of strategic Consumer Products & Retail solutions
- Engineering degree – Mechanical, Electrical, Software, Manufacturing Operations Management, or equivalent
- Detailed knowledge of Consumer Products & Retail business methods, processes and practices, with excellent verbal, written, and presentation communication skills.
- Concentrated experience in Consumer Products & Retail industry. Experience working in multidisciplinary engineering teams, in one or more of the following areas is highly desirable: Product Design, Simulation & Engineering, Program Management, Sustainability, Manufacturing Planning, Recipe Management, Lifecycle Management, Control Systems / Automation Engineering and/or Industrial IOT
- Direct, practical experience with several of the following software technology categories corresponding to Siemens portfolio: MCAD, ECAD, CAE, PLM, ALM, Manufacturing Engineering, Manufacturing Operations Management (MES), Service Lifecycle Management, IOT, CAM
- Ability to connect and translate business requirements into technical requirements and vice versa
- Ability to communicate technical solutions both from a technical perspective and as a compelling business vision perspective
- Normal office environment. Can work from home, within 2 hour drive to a regional airport or possibly work from local office if located in most major cities
- This is a global role and it is expected that the candidate has appropriate freedom to travel in accordance with aforementioned responsibilities
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Where permitted by applicable law, Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements, and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.