The Business Governance and Outreach Professional-Specialist for the Rolling Stock (RS) Business Governance activities will work with employees at all levels on a variety of topics and prepare information and reports internal and external to Siemens Mobility. The position requires strong Microsoft Office skills and the ability to handle optimally and accurately data and reporting on a multitude of business-related topics. The role is in our Sacramento, California office and reports to the Director of RS Business Governance & Risk Management. The role works closely with the Governance Management team.
We are looking for an expert candidate able to support supplier advocacy, tracking and documentation of company initiatives, governance and business administration topics. Position will involve communication internally and externally, coordinating plans and programs, analysis, attention to detail, preparation of presentations, policy updates, crafting reference documents and reporting. Position will require strong interpersonal skills to handle a large volume of data and effective communications skills in order to work across organizational boundaries to engage employee participation in a variety of programs. Position will also support and may participate in activities externally with chambers of commerce and advocacy groups as part of business outreach activities. A flexible schedule is needed to meet deadlines as required and to support a variety of events and workshops both internally and externally. Job responsibilities may change as business needs change. Position requires on site involvement with some flexibility for periodic remote work. Versatility and the ability to cover activities with varying levels of complexity and time constraints are required.
- This role expands upon the typical internal services professional role. While there is an emphasis on administration of internal programs there are external component as it relates to business outreach and supplier diversity related activities. Additionally, as working with financial figures is a part of the role, business analysis is crucial supervising and improving business functions and implementing new solutions. The qualities of this role align with those of a Business Administration Professional with experience in finance, supplier diversity metrics and reporting or program administration.
- Support assigned organization with professional services on a variety of topics.
- Conduct analysis, project/process reporting and database/data management.
- Supervise KPI’s and program activities and generate reports, charts & presentations for program performance.
- Participate in projects as assigned, they can be both short-term, long-term and ad-hoc.
- Collaborate optimally across the organization to ensure accurate, timely and fully vetted updates.
- Support and provide presentations for local reviews, management presentations and initiatives.
- Prepare commentary of performance on a variety of business topics.
- Complete all program and reporting requirements timely and accurately.
- Acquire a proven understanding of the Rolling Stock business, its products, services, and processes through interaction with the local leadership teams and departments.
- Support and participate in business outreach activities and assigned internal programs.
- Provide support to the RS Business Governance, Diversity and Outreach Programs.
- May provide functional advice to and integrate services of operational staff or semi-professional colleagues
- May lead or provide directions to others in a non-supervisory role.
- May represent team at conferences and participate on panels.
- May act as a liaison on assigned topics.
- Completes maintenance, organization, and distribution of technical or commercial records and information.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business
- Required past experience: 2 years performing business administration, financial or project analysis in a corporate setting or educational equivalent.
- Sophisticated Excel and MS Office application skills required.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule: there will be occasions when this team attends after-hours events or must work outside of normal business hours to meet a deadline.
- Work collaboratively in a team environment as well as independently
- SAP experience
- Knowledge of General Business Administration Topics, Supplier Diversity, Efficiency Improvement Programs, Asset Management, Fleet, Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) Reporting.
- Some travel is expected.
Position may support some general facility activities under the Governance Department scope, which can include lifting items up to 40 pounds. DMV record screening required as individual in this position will periodically be driving a fleet vehicle.
- Siemens is a globally diversified engineering powerhouse: an opportunity such as this one can open doors to engineering practices and businesses new to you, preparing you for a great future with potential in so many types of fields—sustainability, energy, medical technologies, to name a few—in almost any location you ever dreamed of exploring.
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent health, dental, and vision plans with many options from which to choose.
- All employees receive Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability coverage.
- 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available.
- Extensive product training and professional career development.
Where permitted by applicable law, Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements, and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.