The Technical Consultant within the Horizontal “Flexible Production” is responsible for customer and application specific productions / automation concepts and standards.
The main responsibility is to develop future proof automation / production concepts for Flexible production Systems for various branches (e.g. Battery, F&B, electronics).
She / He is applying the existing automation standards (e.g. SIMOVE AGV) in customer inquiries and supporting the offer team during especially during project bidding phase.
By analyzing customer RfQs, observation of market / automation trends / technologies she / he is collecting new requirements as input into the development roadmap for the various automation standards.
Her / His responsibilities are in detail:
- Development of concepts and solutions for flexible production applications in specific branches (either manufacturing and/or logistics applications) on customer request or as part of a project bidding team
- Cooperation with line builders, system integrators and partners (e.g. AGV manufacturers) to apply the Siemens standards in the respective products and solutions
- Implementation of a Know-How network with HQ, system managers, product management, regions, and solution teams
- Identification of trends in market, application and technology and support to implement new requirements in standardization roadmaps
The technical Consultant shall have the following technical competencies:
- Production/logistics processes and application know-how
- Risk assessment for production/logistics plants
- Functional Safety for automation concepts
- Automation- / Drives systems with focus on battery driven motors
- Communication / Network technology
- IT/OT KnowHow (Edge, Cloud, AI, ..)
- WMS/AGV Fleet Management system Knowledge
- Automation framework TIA portal
- As well as competencies in:
- Basic knowledge for sales & account management
- Presentations & Moderation techniques
- MS-Office Tools
- Analytical capabilities, decisive capabilities, communication capabilities, customer orientation, team spirit, planning and organizational capabilities
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Ltd., China
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time