As an Industrial Engineer for our Bogie Assembly production line you will drive the continuous improvement of safety, schedule, and budget adherence through the use of lean Manufacturing principles both on the production floor and during the production planning phases. Working with the production core team members, you will lead the team in technical problem solving for topics including standard and non-standard work, tooling, material flow, safety, engineering drawings and BOMs, and process improvements.
What you will be doing:
- Defining key production work steps, sequences, and durations and setting up work scope per station or per cell basis.
- Reviewing engineering drawings, 3D engineering models using Pro-E or PTC Creo to gain an understanding of manufacturing process requirements such as job sequence, workflow, and takt time.
- Generating and Improving Material Flow Paths and Logistical needs for each Production Work Order both in an MRP system and on the production floor (Material Handling).
- Preparing future production floor layouts to meet planned takt time and schedule.
- Preparing standardized work instructions
- Development of detailed specifications for jigs and fixtures for manufacturing processes using takt time, capacity calculations, engineering product design, and sourcing jigs and fixtures from vendors
- Leading manufacturing improvements, complex process changes, and technology changes including developing a core team, assigning / reporting to a steering committee, projecting efforts involved with implementation, and identifying impacts by generating and presenting ROI calculations
- Improve production through identifying & solving problems in the production flow
- Providing critical process control guidance to production, maintenance, and quality control to improve the dimensional accuracy and overall quality of our products.
- Coordinating and communicating technical information to and from all levels of the organization including vendors, project managers, production team members, and operations managers.
What you will need to be successful
- 3 Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial, Manufacturing, or Mechanical Engineering (Or Equivalent Experience)Years’ experience in a Manufacturing Environment
- Firm project management skills, including developing project plans, timelines / schedules, budgets, proposed layouts, resource requirements, calculating ROI, etc.
- Practical knowledge and experience in the implementation of the lean toolbox.
- A history of “hands-on” approach to problem solving and countermeasure implementation within own areas of responsibility.
- Demonstrated understanding of tooling and fixtures design for manufacturing and its impact to dimensional accuracy, quality, and takt time
- Experience using different types of bills of materials between engineering and production.
We would be impressed if you had:
- 5 + years of experience planning and supporting launch of new production lines in a low-speed production environment (e.g. rail, aviation/aerospace, naval, heavy equipment, etc.).
- Vehicle production in welding or assembly processes (e.g. rail, aviation, naval, heavy equipment).
- Work experience in the rail business, preferably in light rail, heavy rail, or related production, is needed.
- Knowledge of SAP or similar MRP / ERP systems is highly desired.
- Proficiency in Pro-E, PTC Creo, Solidworks or Equivalent 3D CAD modeling software.
- One or more certification (or equivalent coursework) in the following fields- Six Sigma Black Belt, Lean Certification, OSHA Safety, Certified Manufacturing engineer, Supply Management, EIT, or Professional Engineering License
- Practical experience in Customer Service / Maintenance / After Market businesses and technologies within the rail industry Highly preferred.
- Relevant experience utilizing and implementing lean methods and tools such as 5s, 7 Types of Waste (Muda), root cause analysis and corrective actions, Yamazumi Methods, Kanban, Value Stream Mapping / Process Flow Diagrams, ABC-XYZ Analysis, and Lean Shop Floor Management Model.
- Practical experience training others on Lean topics, facilitating Lean improvement activities, Kaizen, Root Cause-Corrective Actions, 5S events, etc. Ability to promote Lean in Production, Lean in Quality, and Lean in the Office.
- Practical experience using complex Factory Planning Methods such as defining high level manufacturing plans, identifying / analyzing new technologies required, creating a value stream analysis, performing total space needs analysis, performing total capacity needs analysis, implementation planning, etc. preferred.
- Practical experience developing technology roadmaps for a range of automation.
- Bi-lingual German, Spanish, and English
We stay at the forefront of the rail industry. We continuously improve, learning directly from those who are doing the work.
We are optimistic about change and the possibilities it brings: We welcome programmatic improvements and strategy shifts which will result in positive results for the world.
We value our people, and we support their growth and development: Our people are at the center of our work, and we support their development by finding their level of potential development through problem-solving and in collaboration with peers.
We mean what we say, and we commit to our promises: We follow through on our commitments with honesty and integrity
We do more with less: We are a lean organization serving customers who are serving communities of people.
We are principles-based, not rules-based: We make decisions based on what we believe is best for our people and the communities we serve as opposed to adhering to a prescriptive set of immovable practices.
We value diversity and strive to be inclusive in our work, both for our customer and our team members: We believe in the importance of investing in employees in alignment with our values and honoring every individual story and unique path.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.