Siemens Smart Infrastructure is searching for a Branch Service Sales Manager to grow our business in the Birmingham area. Ideal candidates will have a core competency in either Fire and Security or Building Automation. Reporting to the General Manager, this position is responsible for end-user Sales Management ensuring strong customer relationships are established and maintained while also driving employees to achieve business goals. Responsible competencies will be assigned based on candidate strengths. The Branch Service Sales Manager is primarily involved in leading a Sales Team to overdrive quota, capture new market share, and grow the responsible area of business for Siemens Smart Infrastructure. This position will be a management position with direct reports and P&L responsibility.
- Lead a team of sales professionals who sell Automation, Fire, Life Safety, and Security products, projects, MAC work, and service contracts tailored to meet our customers’ requirements. Primary customers will be both end-users.
- Work in an open, collaborative, team environment in support of our ownership and customer centric culture.
- Identify market opportunities and develop strategies to maximize impact to SI (Siemens Smart Infrastructure). Participates in development of long-range sales planning and growth strategies.
- Promote team-selling and expansion of existing relationships across divisions and/or geographic areas.
- Develop sales employees to overdrive quota, achieve sales forecast and provide input to budget.
- Be the key sponsor for critical contractors, Owners, and SI accounts.
- Manage employee performance and provide coaching to develop skills including communicating goals and providing performance appraisals.
- Assist employees in determining margins, identifying resources, and assessing future potential business.
- Review proposals and estimates to ensure accuracy, company standards, and professional quality to meet company and customer objectives.
- Actively participate in senior-level selling to large / key accounts.
- Maintain ongoing contacts with large/key accounts to validate or modify our solution offerings to evolve with our customers’ business objectives.
- Act as a resource to sales employees regarding SI's products, applications and services.
- Maintains trade contacts and actively participates in functions in industry associations in accordance with company policy.
- Execute and refine strategy to build relationships with Fire Protection and Security Engineering community and increase Siemens specification rate.
- Develop strategy for retention of account base and development of new accounts.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Where permitted by applicable law, Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements, and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons.
- Required education: High school diploma, state-recognized GED, or state-recognized high school proficiency exam required.
- Required experience: Five years of sales experience in one or more of the following areas: automation, fire, life safety, security, building technologies, or similar field.
- Required travel: 10%
- Other requirements:
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite.
- Excellent verbal, written, organizational and negotiation skills in English.
- Must be at least 21 years old to participate in required Siemens’ vehicle reimbursement plan (FAVR).
- Must have a valid driver’s license in good standing.
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without the need for current or future sponsorship.
- Account development and strategic sales skills with which to teach, lead, and coach a sales team.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Preferred 2+ years of sales management and P&L responsibility.
- Preferred local Raleigh market and industry knowledge.
- Preferred experience with fire monitoring, sprinkler service, VMS, IT networks, access control, mechanical systems, construction, and fast paced working environments.
- Preferred technical proficiency in IT, building technologies, demand side energy management and other related components
- Preferred education: Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Other preferences:
- Strong knowledge of services and ROI-related offerings with ability to develop and implement a local sales strategy to achieve growth objectives.
- Demonstrable understanding of how to market, position, and sell cloud-based data-driven service programs, such as fault detection and diagnostics, to existing and new customers.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.