Software Engineer Advanced NX Additive Team
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds.
Siemens develops complete suite of applications for additive manufacturing domain. Siemens is digitally transforming the additive manufacturing domain by developing digital twin in NX Additive applications. NX Multi-Axis Additive Manufacturing application is one of the key offering of Siemens in the additive domain.
NX Multi-Axis Additive Manufacturing application is used to develop multi-axis deposition paths for CNC machines and robotic applications. It finds it use in all the metal, polymer, and composite additive manufacturing processes. NX Multi-Axis Additive Manufacturing application offers users with capabilities such as layering with planes, and defining rotation on bodies, freeform shapes, and conical shapes.
We are looking for a highly motivated and driven software developer to help support our NX Multi-Axis Additive Manufacturing team, working in a lean-agile environment.
- Design, develop, modify, and maintain the NX Multi-Axis Additive Manufacturing application
- Conduct research, design, prototype, and other exploration activities, as necessary
- Create and test the constituents of the features
- Validate/ensure the quality of the software through unit and system level tests
- Collaborate with and support the Product Owner to create and refine user stories and acceptance tests
- Estimate the size and complexity of work
- Use paired programming and other practices for frequent review
- Build Quality into all work/activities
- Continuously communicate to align expectations and to support a transparent and safe environment
- When coding, design and implementation best practices should be used to build high-quality components and solutions
- Self-organizing to benefit from the expertise within the team, whilst sharing/spreading that knowledge for the future benefit of the team
- Own, with the rest of the team, how the work gets done
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Masters or higher degree in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or Computer Science
- 2+ years of experience in programming in an object-oriented language (preferably C++) using advanced design principles and patterns
- Knowledge and understanding of Object-Oriented design techniques
- 2+ years of experience or course work developing 3D geometrical algorithms or robust mathematical solutions & architecture
- Familiar with Windows development environments
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English
- No travel required
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Exposure to CAM programming software as a developer or an end-user
- Experience of working in an Agile/Lean development environment
- Experience in developing and implementing algorithms for fixed or multi-axis machine control solutions
Where permitted by applicable law, Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements, and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.