Who designs your future? You do.
Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical proficiency and passion for problem solving to ensure your customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? Then look to Siemens!
Join our team! Recognized by Fortune as World’s Most Admired Companies 2021
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
Under the direction of your supervisor, you will provide technical oversight and quality assurance for the development of HVAC control system designs. You will be responsible for high levels of customer satisfaction through direct, onsite customer interaction with local and remote team members. Our Smart Buildings help to create efficient, safe, responsive and responsible environments. Our aim isn’t just about improving buildings; it’s about creating perfect places that improve peoples’ lives. This position provides expertise and knowledge throughout the system or service project lifecycle on customer sites. The right candidate will estimate, track, start up and commission projects, and will be the customer interface for all technical requirements.
- Project support engineer, facilitates and supports project by owning “offsite” technical work definition and implementation through NOC and GOC teams.
- Provides design build services as necessary prior to engagement of NOC/GOC and field team (site walk/assessment, system back analysis, sketch out systems, generate sequence of operations, initial parts estimates, generate points list, etc.).
- Performs QA/QC on design package. Coordinates package with PM. Submits externally for review where necessary and owns submittal tracking and ensuring we receive timely comments.
- Ensures compliance with customer standards for formatting, addressing, parts selection, etc. and updates customer standard documentation necessary afterward
- Works with project managers to define, submit requests for, track and validate work packages for NOC and GOC team members
- Mentors and leads project team members. Primary point of contact interface between branch and NOC/GOC team.
- Identifies, mitigates, and exploits project technical risk opportunities, scope gap and overlap through thorough analysis of project documentation, external RFIs, internal and external coordination meetings, jobsite walks, submittal clarification notes, and direction of technical solution.
- Owner of team project documentation – maintains latest and greatest plans, specification, equipment submittals, standards, Siemens submittals, RFIs, major correspondence, etc.
- Submits and tracks all external project RFIs.
- Submits GOC / NOC work requests via Wrike and ECT as required. Tracks and ensures compliance to schedule and informs PM of schedule process and escalate issues that impact cost, duration, or major changes to field work.
- Manages review/revision process between customer and internal teams – generates review response comments and facilitates meeting with stakeholders as necessary to ensure smooth process.
- Prepares and orders material vial PLO and SAP as required per PM instruction.
- Own tracking of missing material, GR’ing of material and replacement/return of material necessary.
- Coordinates material shipping direct to customer and or jobsites.
- Collects jobsite redlines and submits to GOC/NOC team for closeout documentation (As-built and O&Ms)
- Generates job specific documentation such as field checkout sheets, warranty documents, programming and/or graphics submittals, etc.
- Technical sales support pre-bid and change orders
- Able to fully project manage smaller projects at a limited volume (<50K sell price)
- Attend pre-booking meetings to gain knowledge of the sales estimate and project scope. Analyze plans, specifications, and contract details to determine system requirements. Select products and determine appropriate placement to meet specifications.
- This position supports a Siemens customer that requires all employees and vendors to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 where permitted by applicable law and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons
- Bachelor's degree required or equivalent experience. GED/HS Diploma required.
- Experience in installing and/or servicing building automation control and commercial Siemens HVAC equipment required, 5+ years required for Level II
- Recent experience developing Siemens based engineering design, 5+ years required
- Must be able to acquire access to local military installments contracted to local Siemens office within 30 days of hire.
- Ability to travel 25%
- Knowledge of engineering fundamentals, HVAC, mechanical systems, and business operations.
- Ability to read/interpret electrical circuit diagrams required
- Extensive knowledge of a variety of electronic or digital controls systems, and ability to test and write modifications to systems software in multiple languages for Level-II
- Operations and project management experience preferred
- Familiarity with design standards applied at the Branch level, required
- Must be able to use hand tools, laptop, email, smartphone, and tablet
- Must be able to carry and move equipment and tools weighing up to 50 pounds unassisted
- Punctuality with employees and customers is critical, and along with routine delivery of daily time entries and site safety surveys.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and AutoCAD
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States
- Must be 21 years of age and possess a valid driver's license with limited violations
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Company cell phone and laptop
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Overtime, on-call pay, and company uniform and vehicle for eligible positions
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.