Do you want to join us in helping to fight the world’s most threatening diseases and enabling access to care for more people around the world? At Siemens Healthineers, we constantly bring breakthrough innovations to market, and help healthcare professionals deliver high-quality care, leading to the best possible outcomes for patients. We pioneer breakthroughs in healthcare. For everyone. Everywhere.
We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment with opportunities to go beyond your comfort zone in order to grow personally and professionally. Sound interesting? Then come and join our global team as a Service Technician Specialist to become a key serviceability expert responsible for ensuring the R&D Engineering lab medical imaging systems are operating at their optimal performance.
Our global team: We are a team of 66,000 highly dedicated employees across more than 70 countries passionately pushing the boundaries of what’s possible in healthcare to help improve people’s lives around the world. As a leader in the industry, we aspire to create better outcomes and experiences for patients no matter where they live or what health issues they are facing. Our portfolio, spanning from in-vitro and in-vivo diagnostics to image-guided therapy and innovative cancer care, is crucial for clinical decision-making and treatment pathways.
Our culture: We are part of an incredible community of scientists, clinicians, developers, researchers, professionals, and skilled specialists pushing the boundaries of what’s possible, to improve people’s lives around the world. We embrace a culture of inclusivity in which the power and potential of every individual can be unleashed. We spark ideas that lead to positive impact and continued success. Check our Careers Site at https://www.siemens-healthineers.com/en-us/careers.
Our Research and Development team within Siemens Healthineers is looking for a skilled employee who is looking to take the next step in their career. This is a role well suited to an ambitious professional, ready to take on new challenges while working in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
As a Service Technician Specialist within the Siemens
Healthineers R&D team, you will be working in an environment that is
constantly changing and developing. You
will be the first to work on new and up-and-coming medical technology, and
become the subject matter expert on system serviceability. In this role, you will
be responsible for keeping the test lab facility fully operational by
troubleshooting and spearheading the repairs of any system or lab related issue
when they are discovered and provide feedback to the development team for
necessary improvements. We are looking for an individual who can work both
independently and in a team setting to accomplish the tasks required in an efficient
and effective manner. This job is best suited for someone who is a self-motivated
leader, willing to step in and help wherever necessary.
As a Service Technician Specialist, you will be responsible for:
· Taking ownership in engineering lab related activities, such as the servicing and troubleshooting of new and developing medical imaging systems and technology.
· Developing and maintaining best practices in the lab environment to ensure that all Environmental Health and Safety policies are being followed.
· Enhancing and continuously maintaining and improving the overall Research and Development (R&D) lab infrastructure, which includes SPECT and PET medical imaging systems, test equipment, and radioactive sources.
· Planning and executing key project activities and providing status reports on progress within an agile environment.
· Meeting project timelines and demands by troubleshooting, scheduling, and moving medical imaging systems as necessary.
· Performing medical imaging system audits to ensure configurations, as well as hardware and software versions, are compliant with internal processes and standards.
· Collaborating with Development, Service, and Manufacturing teams on creating innovative requirements to improve the serviceability and manufacturability of the products.
· Leading the performance of service and manufacturing testing, as required.
· Collaborating with manufacturing on simulating the required system configuration and environment for the product quality process, as well as supporting related documentation.
· Occasionally traveling to customer use sites to perform system installation and customer education.
This position may suit you best if you are familiar with what is below and would like to do develop your career with Siemens Healthineers.
· You have experience working around high voltage, moving equipment, and/or robotics.
· You have solid, practical, working knowledge of electronic hardware and software.
· You have practical knowledge or experience in mechanical systems and proficiency in the use of hand tools.
· You have good PC skills (MS Office software including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook).
· You have interest in working with the latest technology and are willing to learn about new software and hardware solutions.
Required skills to have for success of this role:
· Bachelor’s Degree in an electronics or mechanical related field. Relevant experience and education are considered depending on field of expertise and experience background.
· Minimum of 5 years hands on experience working with complex integrated electrical systems, preferably in nuclear instrumentation or radiation detection systems.
· Previous experience with field service work on SPECT, SPECT/CT, PET/CT, or other modality imaging systems is highly desirable.
· Computer software and networking skills with Microsoft Windows based systems is desired.
· Experience in a large-scale manufacturing environment, including manufacturing engineering, test, quality control, etc. is highly desirable.
· Experience with FDA regulations, ISO 9001 requirements, and sAFE or other quality-controlled design processes and manufacturing environments is highly desirable.
Siemens Healthineers has recently announced the next steps in our continued commitment to prioritize colleague health, comply with customer/business partner requirements, and help preserve our business continuity. Going forward, please be aware that Siemens Healthineers requires full COVID-19 vaccination for all new hires by their start date, except where prohibited by state law. Accommodations may be requested for certain medical or religious reasons. If you choose to submit an accommodation request it should be submitted within 3 business days of receiving a verbal offer. Details on how to submit approval will be provided by your recruiter. An accommodation approval must be confirmed prior to your start date. A start date cannot be confirmed until the accommodation has been reviewed. An accommodation is based on your role. If you are a currently a Siemens Healthineers employee with an existing approved accommodation, it will need to be re-evaluated prior to starting a new role.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.