Want to join a fast-paced portfolio development team where energy, teamwork, and original ideas are highly valued?
Siemens Digital Industries is looking for an M&A Strategy Associate to join the team!
The portfolio development team partners closely with the company's executive management and business unit leaders to: (i) link initiatives to overall corporate and portfolio strategy, (ii) identify growth opportunities, (iii) source, evaluate, and propose acquisitions and partnerships, and (iv) support the transaction execution and integration process (as needed).
The inspiring leader will derive, assemble, and present quantitative and qualitative industry assessments to influence short- and long-term strategic plans. This high visibility role participates in crafting the future of Industrial Software as a market leader.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the portfolio of DI SW’s businesses to propose and analyze strategic decisions.
- Understand and stay current on trends in and internal product development efforts for Siemens’ software and adjacent markets.
- Assemble, research, and analyze data to develop measurable solutions and make decisions.
- Act as a leader with a point of view! Generate product portfolio strategies and themes both independently and in coordination with Siemens’ business unit leaders. Find opportunities and portfolio gaps.
- Develop strategic frameworks and competitive landscape maps for segment/areas of interest
- Work closely with senior executives and cross-functional teams to develop and execute M&A and investment proposals
- Source and screen potential acquisition targets and develop a point of view on the merits of different options such as buy, partner, joint venture, etc.
- Establish and nurture relationships with potential sellers (corporations, entrepreneurs, bankers, investors)
- Collaborate within a cross functional team to develop financial projections and valuation models
- Present and advocate the right acquisition to the C-suite and support the proposal through approval and completion
- Support due diligence teams composed of R&D, sales, operations, and finance, where needed
- Uphold Siemens’ Business Code of Ethics
Skills and Abilities:
- Experience identifying, evaluating, and analyzing potential acquisitions and partnerships
- Effective interpersonal skills and presenting recommendations that influence senior management
- Demonstrated cross-functional leadership with the ability to encourage and motivate an organization
- Highly analytical with financial understanding, model construction, and valuation (discounted cashflow, multiples-based) skills
- Knowledge of the high technology industry and/or enterprise software (EDA, PLM, low-code), a plus
Education and Experience:
- Required: Undergraduate degree in engineering or business administration
- Required: 2-4 years of relevant high-tech/software work experience in:
- Product management/marketing/sales, or
- Management consulting or corporate development or Venture Capital
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
Required amount of travel with the position: 5 - 10%
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.