At Siemens, we know that our people are more than resources. They are the heart of our business. With employees across the globe, our people are the most integral factor in our growth as a technology company.
Our Human Resource (HR) Business Partners are strategic and trusted advisors. They are coaches, enablers and facilitators who understand that transforming the everyday for our customers also means we’re transforming our workplace … focusing on our people and driving an inclusive, empowering culture of growth and transformation.
As the HR Business Partner for our Building Products (BP) business unit, you will balance the operational priorities of a production environment with a strategic business focus, bringing insight, an independent viewpoint and HR expertise to business issues. You will consult with and influence business leaders on emerging people related topics; translate business requirements into people imperatives and work collaboratively across teams to develop solutions to business challenges and drive opportunities. This position reports to the Head of People & Organization (HR) for SI US and must be able to maintain a regular on-site presence at our factory in Buffalo Grove, IL with occasional travel to Florham Park, NJ.
What You Will Do?
- Along with site management, drive actions to maintain an environment of positive employee relations.
- Coach and guide managers and frontline supervisors on organizational topics.
- Resolve routine operational issues and engage Employee Relations team on more complex issues and investigations.
- Drive strategic workforce planning to ensure availability of skilled talent to meet future business requirements; in conjunction with business, identify needs and make recommendations.
- Serve as the liaison between business, talent acquisition and managed staffing providers to support resource needs.
- Interpret data, identify trends/themes, and present trends to business leadership. Work with key partners to identify root source of issues, develop persuasive recommendations, outline suggested action, and influence to drive action.
- Coach and enable local business to develop a diverse, robust talent pipeline considering innovative and progressive options.
- Conduct annual wage analysis and prepare hourly wage proposal to attract and retain employees.
- Participate in cross functional teams to develop & implement key initiatives to improve operational performance with keen focus on change management.
- Maintain a pulse on the overall organization and share with leadership as deemed appropriate.
- Drive a culture of ownership by empowering employees to fully utilize available self-service resources and tools.
- Identify needs for change management and champion related activities.
- Guide the business on the appropriate programs, processes, and policies based on the business environment / strategy.
- Consult with managers on implementing organizational changes.
- Actively participate in interviews and selection process for key roles.
The successful candidate …
- Challenges leaders to think through people implications of business decisions and reinforce importance of people culture initiatives, helping them become more effective leaders and role models for their people.
- Is a change leader; identifies the need for and leads change efforts, directing adaptation of organizations to new or changing structures, thinking/behavioral initiatives, or business processes.
- Asks provocative questions, “What if?” and “Why not?”, challenges the status quo, grounds others in shared purpose, and seeks opportunities to create new possibilities.
- Seeks opportunities to connect prioritized business problems with high-impact solutions, asking the ‘right’ questions and promoting/enabling quality decision making
- Applies organizational development practices and organizational effectiveness principles towards aligning business and people strategies to drive better business outcomes
- Leverage networks, internal and external, and work collaboratively across teams and hierarchies
- Is flexible, self-directed, and a thought leader
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience and other education will be considered
- 7 plus years of human resources generalist experience demonstrating a working knowledge of multiple disciplines including employee relations, performance management, and management consultation.
- Prior experience working with hourly teams ideally in a manufacturing or distribution environment
- Where permitted by applicable law, Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements, and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons.
Why you’ll love working at Siemens:
- Competitive compensation (salary and bonus) based on qualifications
- Medical, dental, prescription and vision coverage, first day of employment
- Matching 401(k) (immediate employer match)
- Competitive paid time off plan, plus paid holidays
- Career development opportunities
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Paid parental leave
Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization. Hybrid Role 2-3 days On-Site!
#LI-WK1 # Hybrid
Organization: People & Organization
Company: Siemens Corporation
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.