Siemens Mobility has been recognised for being ahead of its time for many reasons. Leading the invention and worldwide engineering of intelligent, IoT-driven transportation systems transforming the horizon is one. However, our progressive policies and approach to work are just as impressive.
Diversity is more than a word at Siemens. Difference in thoughts and personalities are every bit as vital as harnessing a variety of skills – as is bringing together talent from all over the world. Frankly, in a male-saturated industry, that’s why we’re a go-to destination for female engineers and why we have doubled the number of women on our leadership team in the past ten years.
A member of the Bids and Tendering department, working closely with all disciplines within the team and the wider business, to ensure delivery of high quality, winning Mobile Communications bids, and ensuring these are effectively mobilised to the project delivery team.
The Bids and Tendering function is a centralised bidding team that is responsible for managing the signalling bids for Rail Infrastructure in the UK, ensuring appropriate levels of governance and accuracy is applied to a winning strategy.
What are my responsibilities?
· Management of the creation of winning Mobile Comms tenders through full bid lifecycle from Bid/No-Bid through to customer negotiation and Contract Award, for bids ranging from £500k up to £10m.
· Definition and implementation of winning bid strategies ensuring a breakdown of tender requirements and coordination of all technical, commercial and financial aspects of the estimation and proposal creation process (including pricing structures, subcontract partnerships etc.)
· Preparation, review and coordination of compelling tender documentation ensuring high levels of consistency and quality, that adequately captures our offer, provides an accurate baseline for a future project, incorporates lessons learned, and mitigates company risks
· Preparation of all review meeting materials and coordination of the close-out of all actions where required for individual tenders
· Provision of leadership to the tender team and allocated business resources, influencing and negotiating with people at all levels, including providing progress reports to management
· Involvement in pre and post bid submission negotiations with the client encompassing technical, financial and commercial considerations, acting as the client single point of contact in relation to the bid.
· Production and delivery of presentations (internal and external to the client) up to board level
· Responsible for transferring knowledge from the tendering team to the Delivery team, verifying the tender and achieving scope stability and handover to Delivery
· Accurate management of bid budgets, and ensuring Siemens RI company policies and procedures (including quality assurance) as suitably followed, striking the right balance between governance and cost efficiency
· Implement improvement in company processes and standards in relation to bid management
· Individual win rate
· Elapsed time from ITT arrival to submission
· Cost of bidding against allocated budget
· Quality of tender documentation
· Customer feedback
What experience will I need?
· Experience and knowledge of Bid Management in an engineering envirinment
· Able to manage the delivery of multiple bids through corporate governance procedures, including parallel approval workstreams (e.g. financial, technical, commercial etc.)
· Bid management experience from an engineering project based business, in a regulated industry, with experience leading bids up to £10m, and managing associated bid budgets.
· Possess a good understanding of the way in which railway projects are managed and delivered in order to influence, monitor and challenge every aspect of the bid i.e. project management, finance, engineering, planning, delivery and commercial inputs.
· Commercially astute, and able to structure a bid to present the offer in the best light whilst minimising risk to the business
· Strong customer focus, able to manage complex negotiations with the client as appropriate.
· Ability to influence and negotiate with people at all levels within Siemens RI and customer organisations, whilst fostering strong working relationships (up to board level)
· Excellent communication skills both oral and written.
· A pro-active high achiever with high energy levels, who is used to working under pressure and to tight/challenging deadlines.
· Degree qualified (or equivalent) in a business or technically related discipline
· Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word/Excel/PowerPoint
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them! We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Does creating the ways a new world moves sound like it requires your skills? How about ensuring we do it with net-zero emissions by 2050? Discover a engineering career combining innovation, sustainability and a rare opportunity to shape society at scale.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new! That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time