We are seeking a dynamic Research Professional to join our Sustainable Automation Solutions Research Group and support our Siemens business units and end customers globally.
The right person will have a strong technical background in IT and OT technologies, research and software development, and a passion for designing end-to-end solutions, building prototypes and productizing and deploying applications for sustainable automation solutions.
This is your role. What part will you play?
- Define, research, and implement Industrial Edge applications and runtime platform enhancements for manufacturing industries, including signal processing, shopfloor connectivity and data translation
- Drive R&D projects in cooperation with stakeholders, especially with end customers, Technical Team, Product Managers or Product Owners and other business unit and research partners and system integrators
- Try to solve the most challenging and scalable use cases at the intersection of shop floor automation and IT technologies together with a motivated team of technical, industry and business experts
- Perform complex hardware and/or software design consultation in accordance with customer/project needs
- Complete technical solution co-creation for the development and implementation of customer solutions
- Consult with appropriate groups inside and outside of Siemens AG for complex domestic and international projects
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
- Master’s in engineering, Computer Science, or related fields
- 5+ years of experience preferably in manufacturing industries
- Exhaustive hands-on expertise on embedded software development and high-performance edge computing
- Proficiency in tools and programming languages to develop high performance Edge applications, e.g., C/C++, Python, strong debugging capabilities
- Very good knowledge in multi-threading and parallel processing
- Expertise on containerizing apps (specifically Docker) and DevOps
- Solid understanding and hands-on experience in Git version control, CI/CD, testing methodologies and unit test modules
- Solid understanding and practical expertise in embedded technologies,
- Strong knowledge of Industrial Communication protocol (OPC UA, S7, Ethernet/IP, MQTT, ZeroMQ) and factory automation architectures
- Highly motivated and driven professional with a can-do attitude
- Drive to create innovative solutions for manufacturing industries, keeping customer, business, technical and personal constraints balanced
- Flexibility and adaptability to work in a growing, dynamic and international team with a strong customer orientation
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (verbal & written) skills in English required.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
This role is in Bangalore, where you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the craft of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow ‘s reality.
Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Company: Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time