Siemens Digital Industries Software is looking for a Virtual Systems & Networks Engineer located in Genova, to operate R&D global software development infrastructure located in Genova.
Virtualization & Cloud technologies play an important role in our vision of Industry 4.0: they are a relevant component of Siemens Manufacturing Operation Management proposal for the digital factory, based on a product portfolio leveraging continuous innovation.
We will offer a unique operating environment to become an expert on most innovative and trending virtualization technologies.
What will you do, in short term?
Act as system engineer, within R&D organization, you will:
- Be part of R&D central development infrastructure teams to provide virtualized software development environments, based on VMware Cloud products.
- Operate a very complex network infrastructure using enterprise grade systems and software
- Learn virtualization concepts, participate to new technologies scouting and implementation
- Be part of a very expert team focusing on networks, security and communication topics within real software production systems
- You will be coached to use & master:
- VMware Enterprise hybrid cloud solutions (Director, Horizon, vRealize )
- Kubernetes enterprise products (RedHat Openshift, Rancher)
- Microsoft Developer Network subscription & developers products
- Work alongside RD product development teams to deliver fast & optimized infrastructure solutions implementing complex network & cloud configurations, targeting Continuous Integration (CI) / Continuous Delivery (CD)
In long term?
- Collaborate with your peers as a subject matter expert.
- Administer complex networks, data center systems, including operational security and monitoring to provide Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)
Who would we like to meet?
A candidate with strong key elements such as:
- 3+ years’ experience: proven track as IT systems or network manager of complex infrastructures within industrial organization, such as: o Achievements in software development projects (as developer, contributor and operator)
- Assigned an Administrative role as system manager
- Developed advanced scripting for servers, storage and network subsystems
- Managed Virtualization technologies (Vmware enterprise products)
- A Degree or Master Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics or Technical Diploma;
- Fluent in English & Italian
- Availability to travel in Italy and in Europe;
- Strong collaboration & learning attitude, enthusiasm, quality results orientation, decision-making ability, organizational skills
Preferred experience and skills
- Experience of Software Development cycle with Agile framework
- Understanding of IT Security concepts & best practices
- You have used containers technology (RedHat, Rancher, etc…) products to support complex software development projects
- You have used Vmware vSphere / Horizon products to operate complex IT configurations
- You have developed or maintained software engineering infrastructure elements (IaC code and/or scripting)
- You have usage experience of Apple MAC IoS environments for SW testing (emulation)
Working at Siemens Software
Working at Siemens Software means flexibility - Choosing between working at home and the office at other times is the norm here. We offer great benefits and rewards, as you'd expect from a world leader in industrial software.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
At Siemens, we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality.
Siemens Industry Software is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate unlawfully on the grounds of age, disability, gender assignment, marriage, and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, or trade union membership.
Siemens. Making real what matters
If you want to make a difference – make it with us!
#LI-GR1 #LI-PLM #LI-HYBRID
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software S.r.l.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time