We’re looking for an Siemens MV & LV Switchgear Service Technician with the skills and vision to join Siemens SI EA Ireland, and help us build a better tomorrow. Join our Smart Infrastructure division in Ireland as a Service Technician and help us re-imagine the world by finding solutions and making the world a smarter place for tomorrow.
You will be responsible for the successful implementation of varied installation, commissioning and maintenance services covering our full LV & MV product portfolio and systems through maximising efficiencies and optimising processes to aid improved ways of service delivery through effective planning and control.
What part will you play?
- Ensure business success with excellent customer satisfaction by delivering installation, testing, maintenance and repair services scope on 415v – 33kV electrical installation projects, products, and systems, to budget, on time and to a quality standard to meet customer service level agreements.
- Troubleshooting of LV & MV networks.
- Attending emergency call-out requirements as part of Long Term Service Agreements.
- Be responsible for coordinating site activities in accordance with processes and procedures agreed with the Service Delivery Manager and Operations team.
- Ability to work within a high performing team or equally individually working under your own initiative.
- Utilise a mobile web-based application to log all work activities.
- Liaise with Ireland, UK and HQ technical support teams as required to resolve technical support issues.
- Make full use of the non-conformance reporting (NCR) tool ensuring all project related NCR’s are closed out in a timely manner and lessons learned are fed back into the business.
- Preparation and management of Risk Assessments and Method Statements.
- Ability to develop strong working relationships with internal and external customers, identify needs and resolve issues.
- Follow all safety requirements as outlined by Siemens as well as customers.
- Good verbal and written communications skills. Skilled in the PC applications and in the use of word processing and spreadsheet programs.
- Ability to use Siemens technology and devices.
- Successfully complete assigned training as outlined in the training path.
- Follows the mandatory policies, procedures, and standards.
- Ability to work remotely.
What will you bring to the role?
- Working knowledge and experience of maintenance services, installation and testing of MV/ LV switchgear and MV/LV balance of plant
- Competent IT user of Microsoft Office applications and preferably with experience of using a laptop or similar portable device to extract data, interrogate to fault find, update or upload system software or component drivers.
- The ability to communicate effectively with large datacentre business and distribution network operators.
- Full clean driving license
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
Smart infrastructure, Electricity & Automation enables the way we want to live – happily, comfortably, sustainably and in harmony. We do this from physical products, components, and systems to connected, cloud-based digital offerings and service. From intelligent grid control and electrification to smart storage solutions, from building automation and control systems to switches, valves, and sensors.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all backgrounds. Siemens encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are available in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexible working requirements with you. And if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made to enable you to participate in the recruitment process, please let us know via our FAQ section here: [https://new.siemens.com/uk/en/company/jobs/faq.html].
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time