We are looking for a support to our logistics team - a customer-oriented personality interested in logistics and digitization.
Our team deals with various logistics tasks, each focusing on a different type of logistics activity, all of which are related to each other. Therefore, we expect that a new colleague would be able to make independent decisions and solve logistics tasks, but he must also be a good team player able to cooperate well with the rest of the team.
You will be communicating with Siemens business units and logistics suppliers from all over the world on a daily basis, hence knowledge of English is important to you.
As we are focusing mainly on the German customers, you would benefit from the knowledge of German.
If you have a logistics (international transport) background, you are passionate about the latest digitization trends and you are a strong communicator able to communicate effectively also with IT guys, this position would definitely fit you.
What will be your job?
It´s all about daily communication by phone and by email:
• With Siemens Business Units all over the world to support them in transferring traditional transport orders via e-mail or phone to an appropriate digital form through EDI (Electronic Data Interchange)
• with freight forwarders to map their transportation processes to be able to instruct them how to unify the reporting of logistics milestones (loading the goods, shipment receipt, etc)
• with Siemens Central Logistics Procurement department in Germany
• with EDI IT Department
You also must be a process oriented person:
• you will be analyzing existing transport processes between Siemens manufacturing facilities in EMEA/ Asia Pacific Region and freight forwarders
• together with IT support you will be transferring those processes into a digital form through EDI
• explaining specifics of Siemens EDI processes to logistics suppliers
You have to be accurate as well because:
• you will be continuously supervising the quality of EDI communication with Siemens
• Reporting customers to evaluate the data quality, identify bugs
• Pushing EDI connected suppliers to eliminate reporting errors
What do we offer
• Interesting work in international transport environment
• Flexible working hours and the possibility to work from home
• Diverse and friendly team
• Daily use of languages
• Participation in international projects
• Thorough training
A suitable candidate should meet following criteria:
• We need a very good command of English (B2 / C1). German would be your advantage. Czech is nice to have but not a must.
• excellent communication, presentation and coordination skills
• ability to enforce the company's requirements towards the service provider
• it is important to be familiar with Excel for reporting
• a knowledge of processes in transport logistics (all types of transport - ground, air, sea, rail) would be an advantage, as well as your previous experience in purchasing
• Previous working with the SD module in SAP for transport would be your advantage as well
• EDI awareness is an advantage, but not a prerequisite
• a positive relationship with IT, the ability to collaborate with IT specialists and programmers
What can SIEMENS offer you:
- 5 weeks of vacation (up to 8 extra days can be purchased from the benefits budget)
- Flexible working hours with a fixed core from 10:00-14:00
- home office with 100 CZK net/day allowance
- annual bonus with the possibility of transfer to cafeteria
- e-vouchers worth 90 CZK/day
- MultiSport card at a discounted price
- annual cafeteria budget of at least CZK 24,000 with any use on the benefit-plus website (e.g. holidays, language course, cultural and sporting events, etc.)
- contribution to life insurance or pension insurance paid from benefits
- company kindergartens in Prague and Ostrava
- the opportunity to become a Siemens shareholder and receive free shares
Organization: Global Business Services
Company: Siemens, s.r.o.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time