Siemens Mobility is pioneering the future of travel. Our purpose is reinventing, refining and revolutionising how people move throughout smarter urban environments and across a more sustainable world. From advanced engineering projects to pushing limits of data and machine learning, we’re changing the global landscape.
You can move with us. Our dynamic career paths are designed for ambitious individuals to discover, develop and achieve more. We ask you to do your best to improve society with us, and in return we promise opportunities to progress in a company where the professionals are at the top of their game. Because the sharing culture, learning resources and scale of our projects will take you to an even higher level than you’re operating at now.
Provide document support to Project Manager and associated project teams. Assisting and dealing with a range of complex technical documentation, processes, procedures and the co-ordination of activities to deliver a successful project. The Document Controller will work concurrently on a number of projects each with varied/differing elements and regulations and will deal with unexpected/complex documents and events which will need successful resolution to satisfaction of internal and external clients.
What are my responsibilities?
- Provide full documental control support for specific projects within the portfolio (document control, database management, trackers, dealing with complex technical project related correspondence,
- Provide technical support and mentoring/training to project teams etc on complex document control processes to maintain integrity and efficiency of the electronic systems
- Dealing with non-standard complex documents
- Quality control of document issuing – rejecting as necessary those documents that do not comply or meet the regulations/processes/procedures.
- Ensuring quick resolution of ad hoc issues for both internal and external customers.
- Be a point of contact for clients, contractors, etc. for managing of document enquiries.
- Compile project contacts lists and maintain accurate records.
- Maintain project files/structure in line with company regulations
- Use mandatory external systems in relation to issue/booking of documents e.g., Project Wise/Asset Wise and other document processing systems as dictated by the project contract.
- Progress and chase documents/transmittals, etc. to keep project file integrity
- Process all documents for newly set up Projects e.g., delegated authorities, signatories, etc.
- Work with team colleagues to provide a seamless service across all projects in portfolio
- Process Agency Timesheets and any other associated tasks
- Raise requisitions and purchase orders using the company procurement system.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Relevant educational experience
- Experience of working in a document control or similar environment
- Accurate with attention to detail.
- Computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Methodical, well organised and able to communicate at all levels.
- Flexible and adaptable to a range of working methods and processes.
- Must be customer service focused and have experience of dealing with external clients.
- Good team player.
- Self-motivated, pro-active and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of rail industry would be advantageous
- Knowledge of SAP is desirable
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them! We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Does creating the ways a new world moves sound like it requires your skills? How about ensuring we do it with net-zero emissions by 2050? Discover a engineering career combining innovation, sustainability and a rare opportunity to shape society at scale.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new! That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: SIEMENS MOBILITY LIMITED
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time