Position is for an expert in Low Voltage Enclosed Drives and their applications. Reviews customer specifications, determines the best fit Siemens product, determines costing and derives a market sell price in the form of a customer proposal. This position will report to Application Engineer Manager and will be an individual contributor type role.
Application Engineer will be responsible for quote/promote of Low Voltage Enclosed Drives.
• Review customer documentation.
• Participate in customer meetings, either on the phone or in person, to clarify open issues.
• Relay customer information/documentation to our internal Project Managers/System Engineers to assist with project execution.
• Determine project costing and planned gross margin.
• Assist with change order customer pricing.
• Interact as a team with the other Principle / Consulting Application Engineers to share and grow team knowledge.
• Develop customer relationships with key external customers as well as internal Siemens sales channel.
• Monitors competitor’s offerings and makes recommendations for Siemens product adjustments.
• Participate/Assist team with improving quotation tools
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
• Minimum four year BS/BA engineering (Electrical preferred) degree required. Work experience may offset.
• Strong technical knowledge of Drives and how to size them for the application
• Candidate preferred to have 8+ years of previous experience LV Drives (or equivalent). 5+ years of prior experience is required
• Knowledge of Siemens Low Voltage Enclosure Drives portfolio
• Candidate must be highly driven and self-motivated
• Able to provide technical responses to a customer that matches with their level of experience. Can adapt the message to help the customer understand their choices.
• Where permitted by applicable law, Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements, and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons
• Willing to travel domestic as well as international (approx. 25%)
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.