Siemens Smart Infrastructure is looking for an Electrification & Automation Project Engineer - Protection & Control Systems to reinforce our Electrification & Automation team. In this role, you will be responsible for the design, implementation, engineering, and commissioning of medium and high voltage networks for our Energy Distribution projects, both nationally and internationally. Your scope will be Belgium and African countries. Traveling could be required in this role (approx. 3 times per year).
The Electrification & Automation business unit accompanies the customers in their electrification’s journey from revamping project to optimization of electricity usage through advanced automation systems. We support customers/society who are using electrification as lever for decarbonization. Our projects cover electrical networks of public distribution/transmission system operators (DSO/TSO), as well as industrial and power plants or data centers in the private sector.
Find out more on our activities: https://new.siemens.com/global/en/products/energy/energy-automation-and-smart-grid.html
In a first stage, you will be extensively trained on our Siemens’ programs, communication protocols and software (I.e. IEC 61850, Digsi 4/5, Toolbox II, Sicam device manager) and protection relays (I.e. Siprotec 4 , Siprotec 5, Reyrolles).
Following this training, you will act as a technical expert and single point of contact for our customers, able to define and determine the appropriate solution, based on your own knowledge and experience, and supported by deeply technical discussions with different stakeholders (Sales colleagues, the customer, management, Expert colleagues, etc). Next to that you can translate these deeply technical aspects into an understandable solution for the customer.
What will your tasks be?
- You will ensure the technical development of projects intended for Utility customers and are able to carry these out independently, in support of a project manager.
- You will be technical expert for different electrical products, such as local SCADA system with advanced electrical functions, local command and control systems, telecommunication systems, power quality.
- Analyzing the project request and converting it into the appropriate and feasible technical solution from our Siemens portfolio.
- Technical clarification of the project with the customer through client meetings. Analyzing, explaining, and clarifying the proposed solution, technical offer and clauses.
- Engineering of the project: concept and design; functional analysis; software development; hardware configuration; testing; follow-up of installation; and commissioning.
- You will be required to give training to customers or colleagues
- Your significant technical background and your experience in the field of electrical networks allow you to understand the needs of the customer and to translate them into concrete achievements. You are technically able to discuss with our expert clients in their fields.
What qualifications are required for this position?
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in electricity or electromechanics.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in an engineering function of HV electrical protection and control systems.
- Experience with Siemens Siprotec protection relays as well as Digsi configuration software is an asset, but no requirement (training is provided).
- You have experience in carrying out hardware studies for electrical protection systems.
- You have a good understanding of electrical CAD software (Eplan, etc.) in order to prepare the plan for designers.
- You have good knowledge of Autocad software in 2D.
- Flexible with respect to travel abroad.
- You have in-depth knowledge of HV and MV electrical networks.
- You have a good knowledge in the field of communication protocols specific to the electrical protection system.
- You speak fluently English and Dutch and/or French. If you’re not fluent in French or Dutch, the willingness to improve this language is demanded. (trainings are provided)
What will Siemens offer you?
First of all, you will receive a thorough training that will prepare you to get to know our solutions by heart.
At Siemens you get the opportunity to develop yourself in an international environment. Here you can explore a wide range of functions. Moreover, we invest in your training to build a good career. You can count on permanent coaching and guidance by a godfather.
This function is eligible for the Teleworking CAO policy, allowing employees to be working remotely on a part time basis. At Siemens, we focus on work-life balance through open communication in the workplace where we consider each employee's individual needs and values to the greatest possible extent. We try to provide flexible work settings to offer our employees the opportunity to balance work and private life.
At Siemens, we work with and for each other. Are you someone who strives for responsibility, continuous innovation and excellence? Would you like to actively contribute to the world of tomorrow at a leading international technology player? Then apply now. See you soon!
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens S.A./N.V.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time