The Siemens Generation & Industrial Application Services is looking for a Senior Manager Operations to join our team as operations head of Services’ Business. As an Operations Head, you will be responsible for the successful execution of projects i-e from project initiation through final closeout. You will work in a matrix style organization requiring excellent coordination skills and the ability to manage competing priorities. Services Department provides Rotary Equipment (Gas Turbine, Steam Turbine, Compressors, Generators) Services covering Sales, Proposals, Outage Execution and Onsite Field Services in the Country. The job role would cover responsibilities related to outage/project execution and supplies management. The role comes with ample opportunities for growth, reflective of Siemens mission to empower people with a growth mindset.
• Lead and guide a multi-discipline team for project execution and order management and/or support to meet customer requirements.
• Collaborate with all aspects of Siemens internal teams and departments such as Sales, Operations Engineering, Production, Services, Global and Regional teams, etc…
• Coordinates project communications internally and externally (reporting, correspondence, meetings, etc.)
• Direct all phases of projects from inception through completion - Bears full responsibility for projects performance: project scope and changes, project risks spot and mitigation, project plan, project execution control, time management, project status reporting, project handover after completion.
• Direct diagnostics with the ability to determine root cause and corrective actions initiates actions to minimize project non-conformance cost.
• Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
• Provide regular updates to team and management on work performed, plans, budget, and overall status.
• Identify project problems and obtain solutions, such as allocation of resources or changing contractual specifications.
• Manage customer expectations across project cycle.
• Consults with customers on technical solutions, together with Sales Manager or Key Account Manager.
• Forecasts (with team) and handles risks and opportunities
• Maintains lessons learned throughout the entirety of the project
Preferred Education, Skills, Knowledge and, Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Mechanical/Industrial/Electrical/Electronics) from an accredited university or college
• Typically, 12-14 years of successful project management/planning experience, including 5 years with direct reports - PMI (PMP) Certification preferred
• Preferred experience in Power Plants, Oil & Gas, and large execution projects etc
• Knowledge and experience of rotating equipment like Gas Turbine, Steam Turbine, Compressors and Generator- Experience of handling Long Term Services Agreement of Rotating Equipment
• Proven track record of people development and continuous improvement or Lean training
• Strong focus on customer’s perspective when setting priorities and taking action; implementing service practices
• Strong leadership required, organizational change to assure integration of various team members
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time optimally and lead multiple projects
• Strong communication & presentation skills to present complex issues to multi-level audiences and effectively communicate progress, status, and issues to internal and external Customers
• Experience with Risk management - opportunities, risk mitigation, appropriate planning to reduce impact of potential risks etc
• Strong problem-solving skills; Ability to learn quickly
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, Project, Powerpoint)
• Willing and able to do travelling (40-50% of your time)